+ Reply to Thread
Page 503 of 540 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

Never heard of a butter pie? I refuse to believe it's a Lancashire thing.

My understanding is that Catholics couldn't or wouldn't eat meat on a Friday, so butter pies came about - basically a meat & potato pie without the meat, and butter added to the potato (I assume that Welsh/Scottish/Italian foodies are aware of potatoes having butter added sometimes).
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Oh, and you're not supposed to 'do' pork pies, you're supposed to eat them. No wonder it looks like a baby's arm holding a hokuto

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Never heard of a butter pie? I refuse to believe it's a Lancashire thing.

My understanding is that Catholics couldn't or wouldn't eat meat on a Friday, so butter pies came about - basically a meat & potato pie without the meat, and butter added to the potato (I assume that Welsh/Scottish/Italian foodies are aware of potatoes having butter added sometimes).
    Dunno, I'm not a big pie eater. Can't think of the last time I had one. And yes, your understanding is correct, but we only practice that on Good Friday. Pies are typically British, and not something that Italians would eat. However, *good* [read as homemade] ones can be fab.

One of my favourite things to eat in country pubs, is a good game pie [with venison and such like inside], using proper shortcrust pastry - none of yer puff shit!

Marco.

Oh, and you're not supposed to 'do' pork pies, you're supposed to eat them. No wonder it looks like a baby's arm holding a hokuto
    I believe your favourite pies are 'fur lined'...

Marco.

I'm Steve.

I accept that pies aren't an Italian thing, but YOU ARE NOT ITALIAN YOU ARE SCOTTISH and I know you must have grown up around pies (well, scotch pies anyway).

I suppose I could call myself a big pie eater - I don't have them very often, but when I do they have to be big

T'other system:

A/V:

I accept that pies aren't an Italian thing, but YOU ARE NOT ITALIAN YOU ARE SCOTTISH and I know you must have grown up around pies (well, scotch pies anyway).
    Lol - we've been here before, daftee.... My nationality is Scottish, but my ETHNICITY is 100% ITALIAN!

And I'm very proud of BOTH... But as far as my eating habits go, they're hugely biased towards continental food, particularly Italian, as that's what I was brought up with, and so what forms the basis of my culture

Marco.

I suppose I could call myself a big pie eater - I don't have them very often, but when I do they have to be big
    So do you enjoy licking out a nice hot pie?

Marco.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So do you enjoy licking out a nice hot pie?

Marco.
    Oh she definitely has to be hot. And no fish

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Now I've got a hankering for a nice fish pie, none of that Birdseye crap though. I suppose this means I'm 'discerning', so not all of your teachings have fallen on deaf ears

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha - HP is good, but somewhat 'mainstream' and rather unimaginative... This is the TRUE DADDY of the brown sauce brigade: https://www.tiptree.com/index.php/brown-sauce.html

You can also get it in Sainsbury's: https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb...g#BVRRWidgetID

Check out the reviews, via the above link... "So much better than the horrid, strong, vinegar laden taste of HP sauce. Fruity and mild".

Indeed. Trust me, it knocks HP into a cocked hat!

Marco.
    I like HP.

As far as pies are concerned round here it's a case of you'll get what you're given.

They're not bad actually, or I wouldn't touch them. I'm not much of pie fan no matter how fancy they are. Not keen on any 'British stodge' type food. But it makes a change once in a while.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread