+ Reply to Thread
Page 459 of 540 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Name and shame the ungrateful twat, Roy... Doubt it's a regular!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    The last time I went to Ikea, it was before the Southampton store opened and required an hour and a half trip to Bristol. We wanted two sets of glass doors for our bookcases. I checked the stock online in the morning and found they had four in stock, so off we went.

On arriving, they did indeed have four pairs of doors, but three were damaged. I spoke to an employee who basically couldn’t have cared less, so I asked to speak to the manager. He appeared and confirmed they had no more in stock, no they wouldn’t order me any more and ship them to me and, basically, it was my hard luck.

I found my remaining set of doors in another store but, other than that, haven’t been back since. Shame in a way - their Daim Bar cake was awesome...
    Ha - I agree and always have one (with a hot dog) when I go there However, we've never had a problem with Ikea, and we go there at least half a dozen times a year. That was shoddy service you were given, though. The manager would've certainly heard me!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If the other children they know are going to McDonalds then they will want to go to McDonalds. Pretty hard for parents to tell them no. I'd have no bother with it mind but then neither did my parents. We had burgers twice a year. My birthday and my brothers' birthday. Brothers were twins so I missed out there too. And it was Wimpy, no Maccy D in those days. That was also the only two times of the year we got to go to the cinema too. And if you told young people that today …(cont. page 94)
    Our two were never that bothered with McDonalds; I think we ate there once. Their coffee's OK and cheap, so we'll sometimes get some there especially if we're pushed for time and/or in an unfamiliar place.

Our 'big' cinema trip was once a year, at Christmas, though we'd sometimes go to a cartoon cinema that used to be near Lime Street station when we were out shopping. There was also a local 'fleapit' cinema that we used to go to on Saturday mornings, but that must have been when I was very young as I don't remember anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Our two were never that bothered with McDonalds; I think we ate there once.
    Neither are many of the kids who belong to friends, or were any of my cousins, when they were younger. Contrary to popular belief, it's not automatic that all kids/teens are big fans of McDonalds, or indeed even junk food!

They're more likely to be, however, depending on the habits of their parents, and whether they sign up to the rather unimaginative notion of: 'There's only one place to take kids for a meal, and that's McDonalds'...

Come on parents, use your brains and bring your kids up to be a little more discerning, FFS!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

I will probably be branded as a snob but tell your children that you are not going to muckdonalds again (cos its crap) because you can take them to somewhere much better...whats wrong with people?

It dismays me that the place exists and surely we can find something better than mass produced corporate eating

The rich have a good shopping experience because they get someone to do it for them and bring the very best. The rest of us are herded through the doors and walk along warehouse isles picking up flatpacks. We are doing their work and quality control for them.

I hate shopping unless its a very relaxed and casual experience. Picked up a Himalayan salt lamp yesterday...walked into a nice empty shop and had the time for deep thought and relaxation .With the full attention of the owner and we picked a nice one together. 250 million years old with a usb plug....Im happy

We generally get the shops we deserve. Ok Ive got a couple of Ikea drawers but I cant really think of anything worse than going to a superstore queuing for some meatballs and picking up some laminated chipboard.

Ok I'm a proper snob without the money...a recipe for confusion and misery
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 11-03-2019 at 12:00.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Neither are many of the kids who belong to friends, or were any of my cousins, when they were younger. Contrary to popular belief, it's not automatic that all kids/teens are big fans of McDonalds, or indeed even junk food!

They're more likely to be, however, depending on the habits of their parents, and whether they sign up to the rather unimaginative notion of: 'There's only one place to take kids for a meal, and that's McDonalds'...

Come on parents, use your brains and bring your kids up to be a little more discerning, FFS!

Marco.
    Stop trying to get parents to take their brats to nicer eateries - us grumpy old gits need somewhere kid free to go to! Instead, give 'em a pile of ingredients and teach them to cook something nice at home. You know it makes sense
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Stop trying to get parents to take their brats to nicer eateries - us grumpy old gits need somewhere kid free to go to!)
    That's a very good point.

You're making a lot of sense today - did you get a bash on the head at work?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's a very good point.

You're making a lot of sense today - did you get a bash on the head at work?
    That's a fair assumption - I bash my head at least once a fortnight. And just when the scab from the previous bash had fallen off. Most commonly heard thing from Mrs. P when I get in from work: "Bloody hell, what have you done now?" Never used to happen when I had hair.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Reminds me I avoided one of my pet hates the other day. Waiting in the Barber's. Jamaican bloke, really good but takes his time so if there's two in front you're looking at being in there 2 hours.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Got in there miraculously and no-one about. Just him sweeping up. Had a number 5 so don't have to go back for ages. Cold though. You don't realise how much your hair insulates you.

Well you probably do but you know what I mean.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread