+ Reply to Thread
Page 433 of 540 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Beat him to death with a Brillo pad, mate!

Seriously though, i'd have said something. I've done it before

Marco [operates a zero-tolerance policy against dilly-dallying farter-abouters].
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yup. You encounter all sorts in supermarkets.

I pride myself on being ultra well organised at the checkout. Goods on the conveyor belt in the order I want to pack them, bag and loyalty card at the ready and I pack quick. No cash, just a quick swipe of my debit card and I'm off!
    I'm the same except almost always pay cash.

Maybe they should teach it at school? How to go through a supermarket checkout efficiently. I suppose there's no time for it. They have half the year off now because either it's raining or something or it's one of the 'teacher training' days. And the remaining time is taken up with lessons on climate change and visits to mosques.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Seriously though, i'd have said something. I've done it before.
    Ha Ha, so have I. Usually after somebody makes a remark. I keep it simple and generally respond with just a 'fuck off' and leave it there, letting them rant!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

What a bunch of misanthropes! If you are in that much of a hurry - use a self-service checkout.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Anyway, what's this silly business of people saying 'thank you' when you put a divider on the belt. They never used to and I certainly don't. I use a divider as it makes sense to put one there 'cos I don't want their crap getting mixed up with my shopping.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What a bunch of misanthropes! If you are in that much of a hurry - use a self-service checkout.
    I won't use them.

For at least 5000 years shops have worked on the principle that you go in, select what you want and then the shopkeeper adds up the bill, bags your goods, takes your money, gives you your change and bids you good day. It was a good system and it didn't need changing.

Now they expect you to do it all yourself whilst they pocket the savings? People are out of their minds to go along with it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

What a bunch of misanthropes!
    Yup!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Anyway, what's this silly business of people saying 'thank you' when you put a divider on the belt. They never used to and I certainly don't. I use a divider as it makes sense to put one there 'cos I don't want their crap getting mixed up with my shopping.
    They're thanking you for doing it for them.

Talking of thanking people - I've noticed passengers here thank the driver when they get off the bus. I've started doing it myself and most drivers return the compliment. Not essential, but a little politeness goes a long way in this increasingly selfish and uncaring world we seem to be living in.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

No, the slow people can use the self service checkouts, then they can fart about to their hearts content without winding up the rest of us.

I don't see that the supermarket can save that much money anyway. The technology must cost a fair bit, and also they employ people to keep an eye on things, making sure no one is trying to diddle them by carrying out "random" checks.

I don't use these things but Mrs P does, and it frequently needs for an assistant to do stuff to it. The one that really winds me up is "unexpected item in bagging area" - if I'd placed a severed giraffes leg or something on there it would be understandable, but this is stuff off their own shelves for cryin out loud.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mark.

Oh dear, I would upset you lot in a shop.... thing is I go on my bike intending to carry stuff home in my panniers, but I always forget to take a plastic bag with me to get it from the till back to my bike, so there I am trying to stuff bread rolls, tins of tuna, bananas and a bottle of milk into my pockets and those little bags you get free at the in-store bakery, whilst dropping coins all over the checkout.
    Yes, I could buy a plastic bag but they cost 5p these days !! And I have a cupboard full of them back at the ranch.

+ Reply to Thread