+ Reply to Thread
Page 432 of 540 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

Mrs. Pony is getting sick of all the 'bondage toys' promotions in the post.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

And so to this week's bugbear. I hate it when companies change products when you're happy enough with them as they are.

I've been happily drinking PG Tips Decaf tea for a couple of years. It was one of the few things in life where, after taking the interesting stuff out (in this case caffeine), it still tasted like the real thing.

But no, they've had to foul it up. It has now been relaunched as, ahem, "Tasty Decaf". Some bright spark in marketing has taken the usual builder's brew that I knew and loved and lobbed a quasi-Earl Grey effect into it. Abomination.

Why do we need to have progress ?

Pete

I'm Mark.

Eastenders - unfortunately Mrs Co follows it religiously and every time I pop into the room when it's on there's either a vicious cat-fight with bucketfuls of verbal abuse thrown in or a couple who are married (but not to each other) indulging in heavy petting. Apart from the storylines being totally unbelievable I'm amazed that anyone can enjoy watching it!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Eastenders
    Dreadful, uncouth rubbish with the same target audience as the Jeremy Kyle Show. (only my opinion of course, it may have deep artistic and intellectual significance for all I know )

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Dreadful, uncouth rubbish with the same target audience as the Jeremy Kyle Show. (only my opinion of course, it may have deep artistic and intellectual significance for all I know )
    Now you mention it JK takes some beating, (and there's a queue waiting to give it to him ). I've only seen about 20 seconds of it but that was more than enough for a lifetime. It must be a wind-up, surely?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Now you mention it JK takes some beating, (and there's a queue waiting to give it to him ). I've only seen about 20 seconds of it but that was more than enough for a lifetime. It must be a wind-up, surely?
    You realise neither of us would be invited to participate. If you can read and write properly and have more than three healthy teeth, exclusion is automatic (fortunately ).

I'm John.

I've always described Eastenders as simply 'a load of cockneys shouting at each other'. They just seem to be having arguments all of the time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    I've always described Eastenders as simply 'a load of cockneys shouting at each other'. They just seem to be having arguments all of the time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    It wouldn't be much of a show if all they did was go to work, come home again, watch a bit of telly and go to bed. If my life was a TV show it would be not be a ratings winner.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Bloke in front of me in the supermarket queue, the smug, posh type. He's unloading his stuff on the conveyor so slowly it's unreal. But I noticed he was only using one hand so I thought he must have something wrong with his other arm. Had a stroke or something. And he packs the same way, one handed, dead slow. He's only got about ten items but he's only packed about half of them by the time the girl has scanned the lot. And she isn't fast, not by a long margin.

Then when he's finally done putting them in the bag he gets his wallet out, one of those wanky things with his 'phone and all his cards in it as well, and lo and behold his other arm is fine. Then when he's paid he cocks about for ages putting his change back and closing his wallet. And there was a massive queue, about six or seven people behind him.

I had to do my breathing exercises man, I wanted to beat him to death with a can of ox-tail.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Yup. You encounter all sorts in supermarkets.

I pride myself on being ultra well organised at the checkout. Goods on the conveyor belt in the order I want to pack them, bag and loyalty card at the ready and I pack quick. No cash, just a quick swipe of my debit card and I'm off!

+ Reply to Thread