+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 540 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

Actually the 21st century had a word with me too. It said: "yer havin' a dig at Marco, but at least he knows how tae post pictures, daftee!' He sounded like Duncan Bannatyne so I knew he meant business.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Who's that knocking on the door Marco? It's the 21st century and it wants a word with you...
    Tee-hee... I know, I'll have to FORCE myself into buying a smartphone soon, simply to stream music to the head unit in the car. I would DEFO use it for that. *BUT*, I refuse to buy an iPhone, and be like all the other sheep, so it'll have to be something a little more 'left-field', and also stylish...

So I was thinking of the Sony Experia (as I'm somewhat of a Sony fanboy): https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/produc...-premium/#gref

I'd be open to suggestions though, but it *must* be stylish/different and something not owned by every Tom, Dick or Harry!

We do talk on journeys, but not all the time, that would just get on me wick. And we are close enough to be capable of having periods of 'comfortable silence'. There is no one I'd rather go on journeys with, and I know she feels the same.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, we're the same. Just yankin' yer chain. The main difference would be, on long journeys, Del's more likely to be asleep! Like her, I'm terrible for falling asleep, as a passenger in cars. In fact, I hate it when I'm not 'at the helm', as it were.

I enjoy driving too much, and so as a passenger, get bored just sitting there

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

iphone is still best, although not tried the latest ones. a lot of good chinese ones now.. oppo are one of the world leaders
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I see one advertised on TV, can't spell the name, but it sounds like 'Who are we'. Supposed to be brilliant (for a phone) for photography. That could be a 'left field' choice.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    iphone is still best, although not tried the latest ones. a lot of good chinese ones now.. oppo are one of the world leaders
    Better than the Sony I linked to? In what way?

Not sure I'd want anything Chinese, but I don't know enough about it. As ever with these things, I'll do lots of research and read loads of reviews on different phones, and then take a punt on what I think will suit me best.

What I like about the Sony, for example, is the 4K HDR display and the superb camera, and claimed good sound quality. I'm far more likely to enjoy (and use) those features than any stupid apps or facilities for connecting to social media, as quite simply, those would *never* be used!

Also, how good it is as a PHONE itself, in terms of receiving/retaining a good signal in difficult areas (the sound of the speaker, both sending and receiving - does it make voices sound horribly tinny?), battery life [I'd want it to hold its charge for as long as possible], and then things like how intuitive the user interface is, especially the keyboard, for someone with big fingers used to typing on a proper keyboard - that kind of thing...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Ive had a few.. a sony, a samsung, a motorola etc, but the iphone i have(its an old model) still works perfectly since new and battery still comes up in a test ap as well over 90% efficient. sound is good etc, but I agree they are not for everyone, and if your not into apple products then it may not make sense. My Bro was a ludite, but he eventually got an iphone too and now an ipad. ...won over just a bit i think.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I've got nothing against using Apple products (after all I'm currently typing on a Mac, and love it), and I also really like the Apple desktop PCs - so stylish! But it's different with computers, as Apple isn't the most common choice in that area - far more folk use mass-market Windows machines.

Therefore, owning a Mac makes me feel a little 'different, as it's the more uncommon choice. However, it's the opposite with phones, as the majority of folk use an iPhone (or something from Samsung), so being one of the 'sheep' like that, and embracing the common choice, would bother me!

You probably think I'm daft, but that's just the way I am: I've GOT to have something bespoke or a little different from the norm, as you see is the same with all my other choices (car, hi-fi, even house, lol).

Btw, I'm no luddite; I'm just someone who doesn't automatically embrace technology because it's the 'done thing' or trendy. I'll ONLY do it *if* it'll unquestionably enhance my lifestyle, which is why I've so far resisted buying a smartphone, as up until now I've had no real need for one.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

im a bit like that too tbh, but when the product is right, it right. the sonys are good too but android isnt as good imv to ios. more folk use android by far
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Ah, so the Sony is an Android device... Not that it matters, as I've no idea what that means! Or the difference between it and ios (whatever that is)

However, using a 'common as muck' operating system wouldn't bother me, as long as the phone itself was a bit different from the norm!

However.... the operating system would matter very much if one was (for me) more intuitive to use/technically superior/better supported/more suitable for my needs, than the other.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

I've got a brand new Sony Experia here still sat in the box if you want to work something out.

Got it to replace my old one but that is still going strong after 5 years so never bothered unwrapping the new one.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread