+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 540 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

True enough. I saw a you tube video of a man fighting with a monkey. And even with the crappy resolution, it was easy to determine that fighting with a monkey isn't a good idea.

I suppose that's the good thing about You Tube - you can watch & learn without having to be there.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    True enough. I saw a you tube video of a man fighting with a monkey. And even with the crappy resolution, it was easy to determine that fighting with a monkey isn't a good idea.

Depends how big the monkey is, surely? Those little ones you see with the fez on, they don't look like they would be too much trouble. Unless they had rabies. Or Hepatitis.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Depends how big the monkey is, surely? Those little ones you see with the fez on, they don't look like they would be too much trouble. Unless they had rabies. Or Hepatitis.
    Or AIDS.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Yeah, you've put me of now and the fez isn't really a guarantee of anything.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inactive.

If given the option, I'd rather take on a small monkey with rabies than a bobcat with rabies:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-self-defense

Preferably neither - obviously

I'm John.

Yeah, you've put me of now and the fez isn't really a guarantee of anything.
    Quite the opposite. It might mean he can do Tommy Cooper impressions to get you off your guard, before suddenly giving you AIDS. Or rabies.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    If given the option, I'd rather take on a small monkey with rabies than a bobcat with rabies
    Of course there's always a chance that the monkey might have Marberg, Ebola or some other VHF.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sure, Russell, I accept that, but for me the quality is still good enough on the better videos, where someone's taken more care with the recording, for me to appreciate what the system shown is potentially capable of in real life

Marco.
    Just recently, I watched a video of these speakers that were giant clear plastic horns, and the man making the video did have a studio mic at his listening position, and the video did give me an impression of how the sound was filling the room. So I guess some information is getting through?

Russell

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Of course there's always a chance that the monkey might have Marberg, Ebola or some other VHF.
    Aren't the government going to switch off VHF soon?

Anyway, the thing to avoid is getting a monkey on your back. They're impossible to dislodge, unless you can find a cold turkey about the place.

I'm Steve.

I wish I could show you the video, but I don't know how to. It would be easy to find, and it's really funny! Tip: don't throw anything at a monkey, they don't like it.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread