+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 540 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Grant.

DIBS>>>A claim to the right to use or enjoy something exclusively or before anyone else.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    people that ask 'can i have first dibs' wtf does that mean??
    if you want to buy something and want it holding put a bloody deposit down like we do in the real world!
    as you can guess i hate this saying
    Turntable in your avatar looks cool Jamie.

If you ever decide to sell it can I have first dibs?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm jamie.

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Steve.

When I see adverts for the latest 4K TV's on my Panasonic plasma, the picture looks amazing. Why would I ever change it?

I think these advertisers are shooting themselves in the foot, or maybe they just think I'm stupid.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Boring people who trap you into a conversation at inappropriate moments when Im just wanting my own space. I say conversation but its just inane small talk and usually all about them. They have no sense of keeping it light and interesting

I was just wolfing down a donner and chips after a Tescos shopping trip and this guy starts talking to me after I returned a quip about whether Im enjoying it. Suddenly Im getting all the boring detail about his visit to some Dim Sum restaurant in London. (Are we friends now as the awkward wind down starts....dont leave me )

Im thinking jog on pal and how do I get out of this. Maybe the guy is lonely but I always get em just like I get the nutter in the pub. A bit of eye contact and Im getting the full run down on his last army tour...but if I mention the Queens name in vain I'm dead meat...I'm in his world now but I remain polite as I'm getting insulted and bored to tears. Really its time to rush the pint and leave

Im fed up with it and I must have a look that attracts them. At least I have the decency to keep it online so you can skip over it
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 13-05-2018 at 21:59.

I'm Geoff.

I don't have that problem. I manage to look pretty hostile most of the time, so people generally don't try to engage me in conversation, thank goodness. If they do, I just give a non-commital grunt and turn my back on them. Works a treat!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't have that problem. I manage to look pretty hostile most of the time, so people generally don't try to engage me in conversation, thank goodness. If they do, I just give a non-commital grunt and turn my back on them. Works a treat!
    You can get away with that down south. Up north pointless banter with strangers is accepted practice. Required practice in fact.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Yeah I dont mind a bit of light banter if he keeps walking. Im not in his way and hes already starting silly openers about whether I am enjoying the sort of snack thats only designed to fill a hole.

Rules are rules with banter and up to the third meeting as Micky Flanagan jokes about. A smile and a nod is fine thanks. Im not intending to open an opportunity so he can stop and bore the life out of me

I'm Steve.

He he, One of Mickey Flanagan's funniest stories. Do you end up peeping round the curtains to check they're not out there?

I too have what they call a "hostile resting face", so tend to be left alone. The downside is that I get people saying, "what's up? you look really fed up". Better that though, than a stupid half-smiley face like say, Tony Blair. My arm would never get tired punching that clock.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Yeah if I put on the poker face some clown tells me to cheer up it may never happen. I think I had my poker face on and a mouth full of donner meat when this guy starts on me.

Yes I end up peeping round the curtains because if Ive bumped into someone three times already, there is no banter for the fourth meeting...it just isnt done as I would have to ignore them and it could get hostile .

Its an interesting comment on human nature though. Im quite a private person but can handle a bit of friendly chat as long as they arent boring my socks off. My worst fear is being stuck in a nursing home with people I cant relate to

+ Reply to Thread