+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 540 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

My niece is a nurse and has had plenty of 'clearing up' after patients but don't know if I could do it though
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Steve.

Sorry Martin
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Mrs. Pony's son recently took on a pub near me (Euxton Mills, good food, bikers and dog walkers welcome), and when I was there yesterday I saw that he has that Sneck Lifter on draught. Never come across it before, but i'll give it a go next time I'm in.
    Sneck Lifter is marvellous stuff - guzzle with confidence!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I thought you'd be more into 'Shirt Lifter', darling?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I thought you'd be more into 'Shirt Lifter', darling?

Marco.
    I tried it, but I found the taste to be a bit 'earthy'.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yesh, and probably a bit thick and buttery, too...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Ive got some Celestion 3s Mk 1 ok but not as good as Royd Conistons

You can cancel your bid by saying entered wrong amount or something. I think you have a certain time before the last day of auction to do it. It doesnt give you many check box options and they dont really like it....... wrong amount asks you to enter the right amount but I never did...I just cancelled and left it...its quite a common occurence

It will leave you with a bid cancelled marker but some large volume bidders have fifty cancelled bid markers and it doesnt seem to affect their account.

You will probably get outbid but you can contact the seller and say that you dont really need to win now and see if they will do a cancellation of sale if you do win. Thats probably the best option and it doesnt leave you with a bid marker

I havent cancelled a bid in years but its not the end of the world if you do. It might be best to ask the seller first that you dont need them now and see what they say
    Thanks for the advice Martin, and I'll bear that in mind if I ever find myself in a similar spot.

The speakers were actually Celestion 5's not 3's, and with my £20 bid, plus the seller being close enough for me to avoid the £23 postage, I left it running. I did end up being outbid (they went for £21) so it all worked out anyway.

After your post I researched the Royd Conistons. They do seem to be well regarded. But really I only wanted some tweeters to complete a mint pair of 5's I already own, to further my project, which is to build up a second system, which I have no room for anyway! Some of the things this hobby compels you to do defy logic.

I suppose that's part of the fun!

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Sorry everyone, I've just realised my previous post was too 'Hifi-ish' for this thread, so I'll try to bring it on track by saying that this Sunday, 3 months after my birthday I'll get my 'birthday surprise' from my daughters.

I've no idea what it's going to be, but I have been speculating, and what I've come up with is:

Bungee jump (God I hope not)
    Parachute jump (might be ok with that one)
    Fast car track day (yes please)
    Zip wire in Snowdonia (that looks like fun, and I would have done that before now, but the thought of burning through £40+ in 90 seconds, is just plain wrong)

I'll put on here what it was on Saturday evening, even if Mrs. P has to bring my laptop to my hospital bed to do this.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Mark.

Sounds a suspicious set of options - I would just have a check nobody's taken out a bit extra insurance on you Steve

I'm Steve.

I hadn't thought of that - Mrs. P has recently taken out new policies (on both of us, but I suppose that's what you would do to allay suspicion). She has also been uncharacteristically interested in my record collection and its value.

Maybe I should be buying takeaways, after but then there only ever seems to be Findus meals for one in the freezer these days...

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread