+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 540 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well with me it's a cultural thing, of course. I did wear jeans on and off for a long time but tracky bottoms are more comfy. I like the Italian trackys best, Fila and Tacchini. Got a couple of vintage 1980s Tacchini tracky tops, if I wear them when I am out in Liverpool they get much admired.
    Haha - yes, indeed, and by the same token I can see why they'd be admired in Liverpool!

When I worked in sales, for folk other than myself, and when I had to make a good impression, I used to like wearing nice suits, most of which were Boss or Armani - in my posey days, when I was a smart looking bastard.

These days, I'm more likely to be bumming around the house in my dressing gown! Well, it saves on washing...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Disgusting. Ner
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Bugger you saw right through me!! I haven't been able to work properly since last August and must have put at least a stone on
    Been disabled for years so it played havok with my body lol Still it's just me to admire it these days
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I bought some moleskin pants at the Yorkshire Show last year, it was too cold to be trying them on in a draughty tent, so I don't know if they will fit me. I'm roughly the shape and appearance of a naked mole rat, so they should fit like a second skin.

A lot of the "premium" brands attracted the copiers, and names like Boss, Armani, Tommy Hilfiger and Lacoste are ten a penny in places like Cheetham Hill. So no point in scruffbags like me buying the genuine stuff as people will just assume they're snides. So I avoid these brands. Ido occasionally buy decnt gear, but when they've become last season's stock, and never with obvious logos on them.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Good grief!

I prefer subtle tones and don't like graphics on anything.

Got a few lightweight Rockport jackets for summer though.
    So beige then.

In my defence, all the superhero t-shirts are given me by my daughters on birthdays. Maybe they're being ironic, but I don't care-as long as there's no holes and they fit,
    l'll wear 'em

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Rockport, it's a bit ICF/Danny Dyer though, isn't it? I had some Rockport trainers once but they were catalogue returns so dirt cheap, couldn't pass them up.
    Never pay full whack for any of my gear, with the exception of Barbour stuff. I was aiming for the "country vet" look, that way people don't think anything dodgy is going on when they catch me with my arm up a sheep's bum.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Been disabled for years so it played havok with my body lol Still it's just me to admire it these days
    I don't regard
    myself as disabled, arthritis and some other issue s yet to be confirmed have hinderd my working life at the moment though
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Haha - yes, indeed, and by the same token I can see why they'd be admired in Liverpool!

When I worked in sales, for folk other than myself, and when I had to make a good impression, I used to like wearing nice suits, most of which were Boss or Armani - in my posey days, when I was a smart looking bastard.

These days, I'm more likely to be bumming around the house in my dressing gown! Well, it saves on washing...

Marco.
    When I was a computer tech in the office, I dressed to the 9’s each day, as you say back when I was better looking. Expensive ties, and socks even! Dress for success as they say.

But now that I’ve eluded death and had parts taken out, for medical reasons I can’t have anything tight around my waist, so I am permanently dressed in bib overalls! I look like farmer John, like a hey seed, a hick. But it’s comfortable! And I’ve gotten so used to the top pockets, a great place for my phone. But the other side of that is no one wants to hear my theories on Gravitational Time Dilations. I’ve worn my hair long all my life, and it seems that I’ve always been having to prove myself over and over, so I’m used to it.

Russell

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    my theories on Gravitational Time Dilations
    Wots one o' them then? Something to do with event horizons?

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Wots one o' them then? Something to do with event horizons?
    Einstein theorized that time is dilated as you go faster, or are closer to a heavy object. Time moves slower on the ground than it does in the Space Station. Most time dilations refer to the speed kind, as you approach the speed of light, time slows down, at the speed of light, it stops. But I’m referring to the time dilation that takes place near heavy objects. I have a theory that the effects that have been attributed to dark matter are really due to gravitational time dilations. As you get closer to the center of a galaxy and the central super massive black hole, Time is moving far slower than it is at the outside edge of that galaxy. So when you see the galaxy twisted in a spiral, it is actually twisted in time, or more accurately, the space the stars occupy has a slower time dilation in the center than the space at the outside edge. If you were in a spaceship close to the center of our galaxy, talking back to Earth, you would appear to be moving very slow, while the response from earth would appear to be in fast forward.

So! The whole idea of dark matter came about from astronomers calculating the mass of a galaxy and the spiral seems to be spinning too fast and the stars should be flung out. So it must weigh more than it seems? I say not so, there is many faults in their logic, for one they are using Neuton’s formulas for planets revolving around a sun, but stars in a galaxy are a much different matter, it is not the same thing at all. The weight of the black hole, and all the many stars that congregate towards the center of a galaxy are extremely heavy, and they are bending space at the core into a tornado shape, but that space is also twisted in time, the stars are like cream on top of your coffee, they are not orbiting, they are only caught up in the current of the coffee.
    Because the space is slow in the middle, and fast at the edge, the space itself is twisted, giving the galaxy its shape. Man has not been looking skyward long enough to know how fast the galaxy is rotating, it hasn’t moved at all! Not in 50 years, not enough to tell what’s really going on. And some galaxies are not spirals, they have no black hole at the center, and they are just a static blob, time dilation is about the same all over for those galaxies.

I could go on, lots of math that goes way over my head really, but one thing I am sure of is they are not right about dark matter. Dark matter is only numbers they introduced into their formulas to make them come out right, many billions have been spent and still no proof of its existence. But if you watch an episode of, “How the Universe works”, they testify as if it was a proven fact. Burns my arse.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread