Page 264 of 540 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Grant.

pet1
    pɛt/
    noun
    noun: pet; plural noun: pets

a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure.
    "the pony was a family pet"
    a person treated with special favour or affection.
    "she is the pet of the family"
    synonyms: favourite, darling, the apple of one's eye, idol; More
    informalblue-eyed boy/girl;
    informalfair-haired boy/girl
    "the others teased him and called him teacher's pet"
    treated with special attention or evoking particularly strong feelings.
    modifier noun: pet
    "another of her pet projects was the arts centre"
    British
    used as an affectionate form of address.
    "don't cry, pet, it's all right"

verb
    verb: pet; 3rd person present: pets; past tense: petted; past participle: petted; gerund or present participle: petting

stroke or pat (an animal) affectionately.
    "the cats came to be petted"
    synonyms: stroke, caress, fondle, pat
    "the cats came to be petted"
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

A cat is a wild animal that you invite to live in your house. From the cat's perspective you are some sort of butler/personal assistant/valet. Over time they may become fond of you. In no way is it an owner/pet relationship. You may think you 'own' the cat but if it is not satisfied with the arrangement it will just find somewhere else to live.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

try that arrangement with a wild cat.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

not saying cats are as domesticated as dogs etc but they are more than half. some could return successfully to wild, but most wont
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Man Bags:

A pal of mine has taken to carrying a man bag. It is now an embarrassment to be seen with him. He claims that he has to have one to carry around all the technological crap that so many seem to find essential these days. If he was younger maybe not so bad as young blokes are weird these days anyway. But he is my age. What can be done?
    Current Lash Up:

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Man Bags:

A pal of mine has taken to carrying a man bag. It is now an embarrassment to be seen with him. He claims that he has to have one to carry around all the technological crap that so many seem to find essential these days. If he was younger maybe not so bad as young blokes are weird these days anyway. But he is my age. What can be done?
    Point and laugh. (In a nice way of course). A sense of the ridiculous is essential for sanity, you are helping him back on the straight and narrow out of what is evidently a mid-life crisis.

(Cheaper than a Boxter mind you).

I'm Grant.

my neighbour carries one..its an old laptop bag. hides his wine in it i think
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Point and laugh. (In a nice way of course). A sense of the ridiculous is essential for sanity, you are helping him back on the straight and narrow out of what is evidently a mid-life crisis.

(Cheaper than a Boxter mind you).
    I've taken the piss extensively with no discernible effect. As I say, he's my age, so in other words, way beyond the point of giving a shit. But the trend as a whole needs to be curtailed IMV.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've taken the piss extensively with no discernible effect. As I say, he's my age, so in other words, way beyond the point of giving a shit. But the trend as a whole needs to be curtailed IMV.
    That's one of the joys of getting old: "not giving a shit" about what other's think of your looks or of your attire. That's not to say that are some things that are a no-no: balding men who let the remainder of their hair grow long enough to wear as a ponytail; trainers worn with suit trousers, etc.

Compared to that, carrying a 'man bag' (or laptop case) seems to pale into insignificance. Anyway how does that differ from a using a satchel, briefcase or executive case?
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

When needed, I carry a camouflage backpack. They can shove 'manbags' right up back where they belong!!

+ Reply to Thread