+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 540 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    Exactly Martin, for whatever reason I was buzzed going out of Morrisons and as my main shopping had been in Liddles I had to produce that bill as well for security.
    Saved me a lot of hassle in the long run that, me thinks.
    Common Scam:- Security Guard's mate goes through the barrier 6 inches in front of you. his trolly is loaded with knock off.

Security pounces on an innocent you and his mate saunters out of the area whilst you get all the hassle.

I stand to be corrected but I have also been told that Security does not have a legal right to search you and or your bags
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Common Scam:- Security Guard's mate goes through the barrier 6 inches in front of you. his trolly is loaded with knock off.

Security pounces on an innocent you and his mate saunters out of the area whilst you get all the hassle.

I stand to be corrected but I have also been told that Security does not have a legal right to search you and or your bags
    You are correct. They have no rights above any other civilian in UK. Complaints should be made to police and the sia
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post

I've had it happen to me in Tesco! Some dodgy looking female with loads of shopping walking out directly in front of me setting off the alarm. I'd clocked her waiting near the exit as I approached.

Big security guard over like a shot asking if I'd paid for everything I was carrying. I told him it was all my property and he wasn't touching it. Walked around him and carried on outside with him following and demanding to see a receipt. I just said 'Bollocks' and went to my car. I knew he was running a fiddle. Fuck 'em I say!

I'm Martin.

It's up to them to prove you nicked it, not up to you to prove you paid for it. If they detain you physically ands it turns out they were wrong to do so you can sue them. And supermarkets have deep pockets. They'll settle out of Court too as they don't want the publicity or the legal bills.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's up to them to prove you nicked it, not up to you to prove you paid for it. If they detain you physically ands it turns out they were wrong to do so you can sue them. And supermarkets have deep pockets. They'll settle out of Court too as they don't want the publicity or the legal bills.
    Several newspapers have reported steep rises in shoplifting as plod no longer investigates any theft under £200. Too busy tracking down malicious tweets with their backsides glued to a chair.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Several newspapers have reported steep rises in shoplifting as plod no longer investigates any theft under £200. Too busy tracking down malicious tweets with their backsides glued to a chair.
    Now then, you know that the most important thing we have to tackle in our society is people having their feelings hurt...
    Current Lash Up:

I'm brian.

Yeah, were just ignore anyone doing anything unlawful.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've had it happen to me in Tesco! Some dodgy looking female with loads of shopping walking out directly in front of me setting off the alarm. I'd clocked her waiting near the exit as I approached.

Big security guard over like a shot asking if I'd paid for everything I was carrying. I told him it was all my property and he wasn't touching it. Walked around him and carried on outside with him following and demanding to see a receipt. I just said 'Bollocks' and went to my car. I knew he was running a fiddle. Fuck 'em I say!
    I think if this happened to me I think on the spot I would phone up the head office and explain what was happening and ask to speak to someone in charge of security. That would make the guard squerm a bit.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Yes but you all know that the situation can get surreal fast. Camera operator having a bad day, security guard that wants a promotion and a couple of jobsworths. I dont think you would be so indignant when asked to return to the shop and they are threatening to call the police

I may have an item in my bag for life bought from another shop which this shop also sell. This is important especially in the days of automated tills. Its a situation waiting to happen if I dont have receipts.

There must be a trend of people going nah dont want my receipt or they wouldnt ask. They leave them sticking out of the machines as well. Its pure lazy mindedness. Who are those non caring people I wonder? It takes a few seconds out of my day to get a receipt so why wouldnt I?

When I get home and everyting is packed away I chuck my receipts then. Even then something may be dodgy so its good practice to generally hang on to them for a little while.

Anyway it does my head in. If they just handed me the receipt they could save on the complete waste of words every time.

I dont agree with that in the workplace

I'm Martin.

Receipts from cash machines, what are they all about? The most pointless and wasteful feature ever. You can see your balance so why do you need a bit of paper with it on as well? If you're that forgetful write it down. And then they leave it lying on the machine or chuck it on the ground anyway.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread