+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 540 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm joe.

I guess few people, if any, would like to have labels attached and I expect most people think of themselves as individuals rather than as representatives of one class or another. It is perhaps as well that we cannot see ourselves others see us.

I'm Geoff.

People may not want labels. But stereotyping seems to evolve of its own accord. And individuals tend to be drawn to associating with others of their 'type', whichever or whatever that may be.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I just find the whole thing rather vulgar. Also, quite often those who *think* that they belong in a specific class category are simply kidding themselves on!

As long as you're not a chav, don't worry about it!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Marco.
    No. I'm not a 'Chav'. Just a vintage lout!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

classic.

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I just find the whole thing rather vulgar. Also, quite often those who *think* that they belong in a specific class category are simply kidding themselves on!

Marco.
    I don't worry about anything much, but I find the class system fascinating, especially the demonisation of whole swathes of people as 'chavs' or toffs'. I guess it's no longer OK to do that sort of thing on the basis of race or ethnicity, and class is all we have left.

I'm Martin.

It used to be simple, you could work out someone's class from their hat/cap.

Maybe we could go back to that system. Not with hats though, how about different coloured T shirts?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It used to be simple, you could work out someone's class from their hat/cap.

Maybe we could go back to that system. Not with hats though, how about different coloured T shirts?
    Bring back the Blazer I say!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol, and funny handshakes?

Elocution (how one pronounces words, in terms of diction, etc), upbringing, level of education and general manners, are in my experience good indicators of someone's 'breeding', which I prefer to use to gauge a person's 'status', as it were, rather than 'class'.

Money (as in the contents of one's bank account) doesn't come into it at all. You could be a multi-millionaire, and still be an oik!

In fact, the majority of the gentry are cash-poor, but asset-rich. Cash is considered as vulgar. That's just how it is.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Along with the Cad and the Bounder.

I miss them

Not enough pipe-smokers around these days either. Those vaping things don't have the same cache, and are not as good for pointing, prodding or stabbing the air to make a point.

Over 'Fifties only. Younger men smoking pipes just looks pretentious; unless they have a full beard, of course.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread