+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 540 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    I have never tried any other forums, seems like there are some unfriendly forums out there. Very happy here on AOS, nice people with loads of knowledge. I have been lucky enough to have met some members in person, all of who were/ are great guys.
    Absolutely... Having managed to meet a few of the members here in person the forum becomes even more friendly and none of the other forums have that for me.

Speaking of which its almost time to load up the motor and hit the road, camera charged to make some new acquaintances and mingle again with the 'old'.

A day of great music and great kit in the company of likeminded souls. What could be better!
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, one could've avoided them, and not have been held up, by going into the L/H lane (if said lane was available for going straight on), had the driver been indicating to turn right in the first place...

The single thing that annoys me most about driving are the 'self-appointed Traffic Police', who think that they 'own' the fast lane on motorways (and thus can take permanent residence there without shifting out of the way), simply because they're doing 70mph!

Marco
    Even more annoying are those who call it the fast lane. It's the OVERTAKING lane!
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    Forums with too many obnoxious members that just post to criticise the OP or their question, rather than contribute to the thread.

Avoiding it is why i enjoy visiting AOS so much :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    Even more annoying are those who call it the fast lane. It's the OVERTAKING lane!
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If there are two lanes at the approach to the roundabout there are presumably two lanes for the 'straight on' exit. Therefore those cars queuing in the left-hand lane will use the left-hand lane on exit and the similarly, those in the right-hand lane will use the right-hand lane on exit..
    Eh? Roundabout?
    ABD.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    Eh? Roundabout?
    Have you never come across roundabouts where the approach and exits have more than one lane?
    Barry

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Have you never come across roundabouts where the approach and exits have more than one lane?
    Yes, but what does that have to do with the previous posts? About not signalling at traffic lights.
    BTW, I have just retired. As a driving instructor!
    ABD.

I'm Geoff.

Favourite thing around here is ignoring lane markings and going straight on from 'right turn' lanes or turning at 'straight on' junctions. Overtaking on the inside using an active bus lane is a regular thing too.

I came across one female 'arse' today, we were in a queue at traffic lights, I was behind her and two cars were in front of her. I could see she was fumbling about with the stereo and when the lights went green, the two motors in front of her drove off leaving me stuck behind her. I got fed up and drove around her and stopped at the signals which by now were red again, she then started ranting, so I just told the dozy cow to shut her trap!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

And I love the drivers who signal after they turn! Usually one quick flash.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Favourite thing around here is ignoring lane markings and going straight on from 'right turn' lanes or turning at 'straight on' junctions. Overtaking on the inside using an active bus lane is a regular thing too.
    One of my instructors commented that signs, road markings, etc. are "driver stuff", ie. for other people, as most of those behind the wheel are not drivers. They are pedestrians just trying to get from A to B with the minimum effort or concentration. And I think he was right! The car is just an extension of their living room.
    ABD.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

That's not as bad as truckers who indicate as they are changing lanes on a motorway - with no forewarning whatsoever! One has to develop a 'sixth sense' to this.

Also, those drivers using the inside lane of the motorway (or as you correctly describe it "an overtaking lane"), who on being informed the lane is closed in say 400 or 800 yards distance, leave it to the last minute to change lanes, thereby forcing their way in; whereas most people will merge lanes at the earliest opportunity.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread