+ Reply to Thread
Page 489 of 540 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    And those who spend mega bucks getting tattooed from head to foot!

Often on benefits with minimal money and maximum kids who in turn go without to fund the tattoos (and the booze and betting).
    In general I dislike tattoos (and body piercing), though I can cope with the odd discrete and well-inked design. The trouble is most of the designs are banal, badly executed as well as being badly placed: on the neck or on the breast where it is half covered by clothing. Those that are covered in tattoos just look, IMO 'dirty', and in the case of women will look ridiculous when they get beyond middle age and the skin starts to loose its elasticity.

I'm amused by those people who have maxims tattooed on their arm in either Latin or Chinese. A woman in the bank who was serving me had one written in Chinese. I asked here what it said, and to my surprise she knew (though it was probably what the tattooist had told her).

When it comes to facial piercings, well it just gives me the creeps: I simply cannot look at someone who has a ring through their nose, lip eyebrow, or 'rivets' around their lips and cheeks. Or those who have holes in their earlobes enlarged with a hollow ring. I find it all quite repellent.

Sadly it's a fashion and I will have to put up with it.

Rant over!
    Barry

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

What about the idiots who spend fortunes on designer baby clothes, when their kids are growing and changing size every five minutes!!

Marco.
    That's usually the work of people with absolutely no money, yet still have more money than sense.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    In general I dislike tattoos (and body piercing), though I can cope with the odd discrete and well-inked design. The trouble is most of the designs are banal, badly executed as well as being badly placed: on the neck or on the breast where it is half covered by clothing. Those that are covered in tattoos just look, IMO 'dirty', and in the case of women will look ridiculous when they get beyond middle age and the skin starts to loose its elasticity.

I'm amused by those people who have maxims tattooed on their arm in either Latin or Chinese. A woman in the bank who was serving me had one written in Chinese. I asked here what it said, and to my surprise she knew (though it was probably what the tattooist had told her).

When it comes to facial piercings, well it just gives me the creeps: I simply cannot look at someone who has a ring through their nose, lip eyebrow, or 'rivets' around their lips and cheeks. Or those who have holes in their earlobes enlarged with a hollow ring. I find it all quite repellent.

Rant over!
    I quite like a nice piercing, something discrete. I've had a Prince Albert for 20 years and would feel like a part of me was missing if I got rid of it

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Rant over!
    Yeah I wonder about blokes who have a 'spike' through their eyebrow - you just know they probably also have a couple of tattoos, ride motorbikes, drive a Honda Civic and have a missus called Anita. Although deep down they're probably good people.

Plenty of loudspeakers look pretty much the same, but sound completely different. Only way to sort the wheat from the chaff is to listen first, then judge
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mark.

I think some of the South Sea Islands rugby players look cool with their mega tats but I do wonder if it is harmful to have so much skin subjected to the needle and ink - or are they transfers? Nah, they'd come off in the showers. Oops, sounds a bit rude that!

I'm Martin.

'chatty' language on official communications.

Got home last night, card on the doorstep: 'We popped round to read your meter but you weren't in. We'll pop back.'

'Popped round'? Piss off you wankers. And I already know that I wasn't in because I was at work all day. You know, like a lot of people are on a weekday afternoon. I'm not dossing about the house all day waiting for you to 'pop round' or 'pop back'.

Morons seem to be running everything now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Get a Smart meter mate, and you'll no longer have to worry about that pish!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Will cost me a grand so there's no chance of that happening.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, I remember you telling me there was some major hassle involved in installing it in your place...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

They want to fit it outside the house and they want me to pay for it. I told them they must be living in a dream world. I don't want one now anyway.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread