+ Reply to Thread
Page 488 of 540 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I've always told people that if I have a car and my contacts I'm a happy bunny and I don't need much else.... strange but true
    I'm the same, but with an actual bunny

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I'm the same, but with an actual bunny
    I've thought about getting a bunny... or maybe a guinea pig... guineas make the most lovely sound...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I don't know if I pity or despise people that wear spectacles that have plain glass not prescription lenses, just so they can wear them as a fashion accessory not an aid to correct visual impairment. It strikes me as the shallowest, most idiotic trend. It makes me want to say things like "this is what is wrong with society".

I agree and is equally stupid as wearing sunglasses in doors or at night. Or the wearing of sunglasses perched on top of the head when the weather is overcast and not particularly bright.

The late comedy writer Eric Sykes wore 'glasses' with plain glass. That was because they were in fact "hearing glasses" - a hearing aid for both ears in the shape of spectacles. This was long before the development of miniature 'in ear' devices.
    Last edited by Barry; 23-04-2019 at 00:11.
    Barry

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I agree and is equally stupid as wearing sunglasses in doors or at night. Or wearing the wearing of sunglasses perched on top of the head when the weather is overcast and not particularly bright.

The late comedy writer Eric Sykes wore 'glasses' with plain glass. That was because they were in fact "hearing glasses" - a hearing aid for both ears in the shape of spectacles. This was long before the development of miniature 'in ear' devices.
    Now I understand Barry about E Sykes...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I've thought about getting a bunny... or maybe a guinea pig... guineas make the most lovely sound...
    Guinea pigs do make the sweetest little squeak, I haven't had guineas since I was young. House bunnies take a bit of prep and care but they are so rewarding, there is nothing like taking a Sunday afternoon nap with a pair of bunnies. I'd go in and sleep on the rug in their room and wake up with them asleep by my head, so cute.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I don't know if I pity or despise people that wear spectacles that have plain glass not prescription lenses, just so they can wear them as a fashion accessory not an aid to correct visual impairment. It strikes me as the shallowest, most idiotic trend. It makes me want to say things like "this is what is wrong with society".
    Totally agree. I'd not heard of that before (didn't even know such things existed) but it definitely qualifies as the height of idiocy!

What about the idiots who spend fortunes on designer baby clothes, when their kids are growing and changing size every five minutes!!

Do they think *it* cares what they hell it's wearing...?? Using your kids as 'status symbols'. It's utterly deplorable. Shows you the kind of pathetically shallow mindset our materialistic society has propagated! Tossers, the lot of them.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

And those who spend mega bucks getting tattooed from head to foot!

Often on benefits with minimal money and maximum kids who in turn go without to fund the tattoos (and the booze and betting).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Chavs, mate, what can you do?

They're a disease that needs eradicating!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Timothy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, that takes it to new heights... Those fuckers need caged and shagged up the arse, as punishment for crimes against good taste!

Marco.
    Yeah, but most of them would enjoy that a little bit too much! They would be back for seconds and thirds...
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I wear crocs. Ones... About all I can get on these days. So get it up yeez
    Flogging for this man here! At the double!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread