+ Reply to Thread
Page 465 of 540 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Grant.

chicken is probably better for you. I eat more chicken than beef, but it can depend on whats available and how im feeling health wise as to what i have in. if im not able to move well then I rely on ready meals. if fitter i will make from scratch
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    as I said she made rissoles, but I dont remember burgers. rissoles would be on a plate tho, not in a bun. .and no we didnt have a wipmy until i was a late teen and ive never been in one.
    Dont recall any carry outs or restaurants at that time bar a few chip shops. 1 had a dine in facility(Italian)Serafini I think was the name. No Indian, No Chinese(although I think one did appear eventually)Now the town is littered with them...
    No worries, mate. That 10/15 years difference, when I was growing up and you were, would've made the difference, in terms of which foods were available. Plus, I grew up in Glasgow, so there was always a more 'happening' scene there, even in the 70s, than there was in smaller towns. However in saying that, there was a Chinese take-away in our town from the early 70s onwards, and of course my dad's chippy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    chicken is probably better for you. I eat more chicken than beef, but it can depend on whats available and how im feeling health wise as to what i have in. if im not able to move well then I rely on ready meals. if fitter i will make from scratch
    Indeed, so you do what you have to do. My mum was the typical out-and-out housewife, so took great pride in all aspects of the role, while my dad was at work, and absolutely loved cooking and entertaining, as it was how she had been brought up, not so much the entertaining side (as that was more of a 70s/80s dinner party thing - think food in the style of Robert Carrier or Keith Floyd), but being brought up cooking fresh ingredients from scratch.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

On Sundays, mum got out her recipe books and made something 'exotic', always Italian or French-based. It would've simply been too unadventurous and boring to have had such a rigid food regime, as outlined above. That's really the key to eating well: buying what looks good on the day (at the shops you go to), and cooking *that*, not sticking to set foods, simply to fulfil a habit.

However, you do what you have to do, based on your individual circumstances, and you seemed to have ate good home-cooked food Joe, when you were growing up, and which I'm sure tasted very nice

Marco.
    Well, there were six mouths to feed on not a lot of money. Plus my dad was a dour Scotsman who couldn't be doing with any sort of what he called 'fancy food'. I liked all of it really except the liver and bacon.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I never had a burger when I was a lad, either home-made or out of a tin or frozen. Friday night was fish and chips night, other than that it was all home-cooked from scratch. Not much variety though; you could tell what day of the week it was by what was on your plate.
    wasn't it just. I hated Tuesday's. My ma's mince stew was absolutely disgusting.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Well, there were six mouths to feed on not a lot of money. Plus my dad was a dour Scotsman who couldn't be doing with any sort of what he called 'fancy food'. I liked all of it really except the liver and bacon.
    Yup, I absolutely get that. It was the opposite for me. Just the three of us, with no shortage of money, although my dad worked very hard to provide us with what we had.

The important thing was, unlike in such situations now, your mum (or whoever else was doing the cooking back then), didn't simply open a tin or heat up some frozen chips - and *that* is what we need to get back to now with today's families: the cooking of proper, simple, home-made food, rather than lazily worshiping at the altar of 'chicken ding'!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, I absolutely get that. It was the opposite for me. Just the three of us, with no shortage of money, although my dad worked very hard to provide us with what we had.

The important thing was, unlike in such situations now, your mum (or whoever else was doing the cooking back then), didn't simply open a tin or heat up some frozen chips - and *that* is what we need to get back to now with today's families: the cooking of proper, simple, home-made food, rather than lazily worshiping at the altar of 'chicken ding'!

Marco.
    I think we've been here before with this conversation - what we REALLY need to get back is a situation where only one person needs to work in order to afford a reasonable standard of living. As it is, the mother (other sexes are available) has to get herself and the kids sorted in the morning, get them off to school, go do a full days work, then get home at the end of the day and sort out meals for everyone as well as keeping up with other necessary household chores. On the one hand there may be help from the other half, but then there are also after school clubs and sick kids to factor in.

In our house Anita does not go out to work (due to health reasons), but apart from a household income which is usually the wrong side of adequate, it's an arrangement we are both happy with. I like coming in from work to a warm, tidy house with Anita in it, a meal ready for me, and even a bath done if it's been a tough day.

Unfortunately for a lot of folk, even two incomes is barely enough
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Sure, then as I've said before, the answer to is reduce your outgoings, and the amount of material possessions you *think* you need/deserve, and have to pay for, downsize your house, drive a smaller/cheaper car, cut down on unnecessary overspending in supermarkets - WHATEVER - in order to allow you MORE TIME to eat properly!

Quite simply, there's no way I would downgrade my eating standards, simply to live in a 'fancier'/bigger house than I needed, carrying a mortgage that I couldn't really afford, and the same would apply to a car, or holidays I went on, the latest smartphone 'must have', etc, etc, etc...

In short, you LEARN to cut your coat according to your cloth, and lead a simpler life, concentrating instead on doing the basics right (such as eating proper, home-cooked food), as folk still managed to do in the past (as outlined by Joe), despite needing to work hard and support multiple children, rather than wasting money on 'stuff'/materialistic bullshit that you have to work ridiculous hours to pay for, and which in reality you don't really need!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Hey, don't be shouting at me, just because you're dying for a beer Only kidding mate, you make some good points, though I feel that as 'outsiders', we are probably not qualified to comment on the nuts 'n' bolts of modern budgeting.

By the way, I crashed my Lent last night, and made pancakes. Ingredients would have cost about 50p, as opposed to spending a couple of quid on shop bought ones. You would have been so proud
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Hey, don't be shouting at me, just because you're dying for a beer Only kidding mate, you make some good points, though I feel that as 'outsiders', we are probably not qualified to comment on the nuts 'n' bolts of modern budgeting.

By the way, I crashed my Lent last night, and made pancakes. Ingredients would have cost about 50p, as opposed to spending a couple of quid on shop bought ones. You would have been so proud
    Aye... not!

Outsiders or not, I have plenty of friends and relatives with kids, where both parents are working full-time, yet still manage to find time to eat properly, rather than simply consuming microwaved junk food [I've been sat in their houses when it's happened], therefore that experience is largely what forms the basis for my point of view.

Quite simply, if you *really* want to do something, you'll FIND the time (somehow) to do it - and the desire to eat properly seems to have lessened significantly in recent years, with folks these days more interested in being glued to their mobile phones, checking their social media accounts, than the cooker!

Therefore, it's as much about managing your free time better, and making time for the most important things [eating well being one], as it is supposedly not having any free time.

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread