+ Reply to Thread
Page 412 of 412 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412
Results 4,111 to 4,119 of 4119

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Grant.

Was offered to run the local one at one time but I took something else. Fortunately as it went bust soon after
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Russell.

I think one of the biggest fast food chains in the world, behind McDonalds, is Kentucky Fried Chicken. I remember seeing their logo in Beijing during the Olympics, and even in Baghdad after the war, and in a recent show about New Deli, India. Seems everyone loves the yard bird?

Russell

I'm Grant.

Yes they are second... same folk have Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    started in florida i think; way back... the wimpy bars here became burger kings at some time in 80's.. wimpy and burger king were both owned by same company... think it was grand met.
    I haven't had a wimpy for about 30 years, they used to be a regular treat when I was working in Bristol Dixons as a teenager. I have just found out there is actually one still open just along the coast in Porthcawl, needless to say I'm pestering my other half to take me

Worst thing is that we were there a few weeks ago on the way back from the botanical gardens, but I had no idea there was a Wimpy there at the time.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Martin.

I used to go to the one at Sandbach Services on the M6 but it's gone now.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Steve.

We have Hungry Jack's in South Australia, which is Burger King, even has the same logo.
    I very rarely have takeaway, I do have the occaisional Subway though.
    KFC mash and gravy is diabolical, but my wife likes it.
    Steve.

TT: 1986 Townshend Rock, 1980 Luxman PD264, 1978 Planar 3 in original condition.
    Arm: AO modified Moth RB250, Hadcock GH228, Rega R200.
    Cart: AT OC9 III, Shure V15 III, Bellex HOMC.
    Phono: Vincent PHO-8, Akitika MM.
    CDP: California Labs CL15, Pioneer DVP 676A.
    Digi: Squeezebox.
    Amp: Copland CSA-29, Denon PMA250 II, Cambridge Audio Azur 651A.
    Speakers: 1995 Castle Howard S1, 1970 Wharfedales.
    Headphones: AKG Q701.

I'm Sean.

As kids a Wimpy special grill was seen as a major treat, always remember the round sausages.

wimpy.jpg

I'm Buriedunderaloadofturntables.

Default Pet Hates........or FFS

As Iíve mentioned, apart from their coffee, I donít like McDonalds, with the one exception being when Iím at an airport at 6am and I get an inexplicable craving for a Sausage and Egg McMuffin. In my defence, I do feel dirty afterwards, though...

Burger-wise, I also much prefer something from the local butchers or home made, but I have recently discovered that Costcoís Aberdeen Angus Quarter Pounders are spectacularly good!

However, on the High Street, youíve got a long way to go to beat a Burger King Double Whopper with Cheese as an occasional treat! Hmm, Mrs B. is away this weekend. I can feel one looming in my near future...
    Adam.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    As kids a Wimpy special grill was seen as a major treat, always remember the round sausages.

wimpy.jpg
    That brings back some memories. Good to see they had the full 'Bender' range on offer... And just 42p for the full English.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

+ Reply to Thread