+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 540 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, but I always found that they tainted the contents, and gave tea or coffee a 'metallic' taste. Better than nothing, though!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Mine is similar to this

I took a flask of soup to work or fishing or even a picnic. Tomato soup. It was traditional lol. Stewed coffee wasn't my cuppa
    Yup, that's a far better use for it!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I'm fine with coffee from a flask, but never tea. That's just wrong.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Never need to use one these days, as I'm either at home, and do my own, or if I'm out, I'll have coffee in a restaurant/cafe

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

I tend to rely on the kindness of strangers (customers) to keep me in brews. Tip: never refuse the first brew offered, as this can set a precedent for the rest of the day.

If I know that there will be no refreshments offered where I am working, I'll use local butty shops. One I regularly use is just 80p a cup and it's not bad either. I only use a flask for soup in the colder months. Mrs. P's leak and potato soup a favourite. With some buttered crusty French stick. Simple tastes.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Flasks can be good especially the short ones with a wide opening for chunky soups. I have some smaller ones for a couple of brews and they are quite handy. I was on a training course and it was way better than getting the rubbish tea and coffee they offered on site.

Its just a case of getting a good flask and knowing its limitations. Ive found they generally work well and Ive been on many family car journeys where the tea is still hot enough when we get well on the way to Aberdeen

We use a huge filter coffee machine at the hotel which makes a reasonable brew. I replace the filters and a couple of packs of filter coffee in each side...There is a cappacino machine but nobody has shown me how to use it yet.

There is a lot of coffee snobbery and I like an instant coffee which does the job for me

I'm Steve.

A "posh" coffee in our house comes from a Delonghi "Dolce Gusto" contraption that's shaped a bit like a penguin. The cappuccinos it makes are plenty good enough for me, although the coffee police would probably be horrified.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Geoff.

Brace yourselves. We will no doubt be deluged with the annual flood of Christmas crap at any moment.

I'm Steve.

A tip someone once gave me was to fill your flask with boiling water and leaving it like that for a few minutes before emptying and immediately filling with your drink. Supposed to keep your drink hot for longer. Seems to help.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Just an hour ago we passed on the M6 a Land Rover towing a trailer loaded with Christmas trees. They didn't even have any roots, they'd just been cut down. What use will they be?

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread