+ Reply to Thread
Page 451 of 540 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Btw, when I (rightfully) complained in the Co-op, and got a member of staff to open another till and serve customers who were waiting (in an ever-growing queue), instead of standing chatting to her mate, the others in the queue thanked me for it! Thing is, they were all moaning about it to themselves prior to me doing something about it!

I just smiled, but thought to myself: 'You've got a tongue in your head too, so why not use it?' Fortunately, timidity has never been my weak point

Thing is, I've worked in retail, and was always told that ultimately it's customers who pay your wages, so when you see one, you stop whatever else you're doing and serve them, before they take their business elsewhere... Sadly, the same message doesn't appear to have been drummed into shop assistants these days!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

I've said it before we need more of a tipping culture in this country. Give people an incentive. It works in America. Except if you're British and on the East coast where they know Brits rarely tip.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Well, the only 'incentive' I needed, back in the day, was keeping my job. Because if I didn't do what I was told, and be attentive, I'd have soon been replaced! Today, folk get away with murder...

Plus, what happened to pride in doing a good job/your best? I was brought up always to do my BEST, in any task I undertook, so whenever I did anything, I put my heart and soul into it and performed it to the BEST of my ability. For me, that's the norm.

Simply lazily just going through the paces wasn't an option, as a) I wasn't wired that way to start with, and b) I'd have soon been found out and reprimanded.

Nowadays, neither attitude seems to exist, so standards of service in shops have fallen to unacceptable levels - and if people don't complain, and do something about it, nothing will ever change! I simply can't abide imbecilic 'fart-abouters', who appear to exist in a permanent stupor... They need given a damn good shake.

Marco [never afraid to complain about *anything*, to ANYONE, if it's justified].
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Never had a job I was shit at. It makes things easier if you become good at them!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Indeed. How's your tolerance level for laziness and ineptitude? Problem is, shops these days are too full of gormless 'millennials'!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Just don't go to shops. Problem solved.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Lol - sometimes you need to though, and I prefer existing in the real world, as much as possible, rather than a virtual one. I enjoy certain types of shopping (for nice things), in nice places, where it's a fun and pleasurable experience. Thankfully, there are plenty of places like that near me.

No, I'll seek to raise standards in today's 'apathetic' world, and not allow ineptitude to fester, so in that respect I'm not afraid to speak up when necessary!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed. How's your tolerance level for laziness and ineptitude?

Marco.
    Not good.

My patience wears thin quickly anyway.

Several times in supermarkets I've walked off after placing all my shopping on the checkout conveyor only to be held up because there's an issue serving the person in front and they're waiting indefinitely for a supervisor. I'll only give them a minute or two before I get pissed off and go leaving all my stuff where it is.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

I'm semi-retired, Joe, so have little shortage of time either, but I've got better places to "pootle" around than inside shops (or in this case Post Offices). Fortunately, POs are somewhere I rarely need to frequent.

Marco.
    You gotta fight
    For the right
    To pooootle!

I'm joe.

Indeed. How's your tolerance level for laziness and ineptitude?
    Marco.
    I've got the laziness bit down to perfection. Still working on the ineptitude.

+ Reply to Thread