+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 540 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

We rarely have a cooked breakfast these days (it used to be every Sunday), but every couple of weeks we'll have a "breakfast tea" with all of it (Cumberland sausage, bacon, fried egg, beans, TINNED tomatoes, mushrooms, some toast to mop up with, and a shitload of HP sauce on top. I like breakfast tea days
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    HP every time for me...
    Based on what....? Which other brown sauces have you compared it with, and have you tried the Tiptree one I recommended earlier?

I just get the feeling that you guys are HP fanboys, and products of their marketing department's dream!

Marco [loyal to NO brand, only his tastebuds, and NOT a creature of habit].

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Based on what....? Which other brown sauces have you compared it with, and have you tried the Tiptree one I recommended earlier?

I just get the feeling that you guys are HP fanboys, and products of their marketing department's dream!

Marco [loyal to NO brand, only his tastebuds, and NOT a creature of habit].
    I'm comparing it to every other brand of brown sauce I've been subjected to, in many cafes, and butty vans too numerous to mention. Usually the brand is unknown as the proprietor decant it into an unmarked bottle, but they never compare favourably with HP.

You do so remind me of my brother - he gets quite evangelical about things that I don't normally spend much time thinking about, and tries to make my not caring look like a bad thing. Like his favourite crusade of the last year or so: why would anyone be so stupid as to vote leave? When I flippantly replied I did it to shit on David Cameron all he said was 'Wow'. which is Tony-talk for 'Well you are a thick twat aren't you'.

But I will give your brown sauce a go (ooh-er matron) and it had better not be stupid-expensive
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Lol - that's where you and I are different. I have no such brand loyalty... Whatever TASTES best *is* best!

Are you also a creature of habit with other things?

Marco.
    Nothing to do with brand loyalty, I just like the taste. It's what I expect brown sauce to taste like.

We're all creatures of habit.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'm comparing it to every other brand of brown sauce I've been subjected to, in many cafes, and butty vans too numerous to mention. Usually the brand is unknown as the proprietor decant it into an unmarked bottle, but they never compare favourably with HP.

You do so remind me of my brother - he gets quite evangelical about things that I don't normally spend much time thinking about, and tries to make my not caring look like a bad thing. Like his favourite crusade of the last year or so: why would anyone be so stupid as to vote leave? When I flippantly replied I did it to shit on David Cameron all he said was 'Wow'. which is Tony-talk for 'Well you are a thick twat aren't you'.

But I will give your brown sauce a go (ooh-er matron) and it had better not be stupid-expensive
    Lol - I'm not evangelical about brown sauce! It's just that the loyalty to a specific brand (of any product) mentality intrigues me, as does the 'I've been an HP [or whatever] man all my life, so why should I change now?', as I'm simply not wired that way.

I like what I like, but if I'm introduced to what I consider is a better product, or find such myself, then whatever I liked before is suitably replaced by it - simples!

The Tiptree isn't particularly expensive. Check my earlier link to it in Sainsbury's. At the end of the day, these things are all down to personal taste. I just prefer it because it's sweeter and fruitier. HP is 'sharper' and more vinegary, so it just depends what you're into.

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Nothing to do with brand loyalty, I just like the taste. It's what I expect brown sauce to taste like.

We're all creatures of habit.
    I'm not really, especially when it comes to food, as I get bored with the same stuff, so like variety. I don't eat certain foods on certain days, or any bollox like that either. I like to experiment with different things and try something new, depending on my mood.

You say you like the taste of HP, which is cool, but my point is how do you know that you might not like another brown sauce even MORE, unless you've tried it?

So here's the scenario.... You're round at mine and we're having something to eat that requires brown sauce, and I've got both HP and another brand. You taste the other brand and discover that you prefer it to the HP, so do you then still stick with HP, or go and buy the other brand with which you compared it to and preferred?

Marco.

I'm Martin.

I'm not really, especially when it comes to food, as I get bored with the same stuff. I don't eat certain foods on certain days, or any bollox like that. I like to experiment with different things and try something new. You say you like the taste of HP, which is cool, but my point is how do you know that you might not like another sauce even MORE, unless you've tried it?

So here's the scenario.... You're round at mine and we're having something to eat that requires brown sauce, and I've got both HP and another brand. You taste the other brand and discover that you prefer it to the HP, so do you then still stick with HP, or go and buy the other brand with which you compared it to and ended up preferring?

Marco.
    That would depend on what we're eating. Some things like pie, stew, bacon, I like HP on. With another brown sauce it would just be wrong. With something else I might not be so bothered.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That would depend on what we're eating. Some things like pie, stew, bacon, I like HP on. With another brown sauce it would just be wrong.
    Lol - how would it be "wrong" if you preferred the taste of another brown sauce with said food? That's my point!

Say you tried 'Brand X' with pie, stew or bacon, and preferred the taste of it to HP - what then?

Marco.

I'm joe.

I can't be doing with brown sauce, or tomato ketchup for that matter. My tastes are plain, to match my looks.

Don't you like spicy food either then, Joe? I love Italian and French food, and also a lot of British stuff [amongst others], but sometimes I need a good hot curry or Chinese

Every day I have totally different types of food, consisting of either fish, meat or vegetables. As they say, variety is the spice of life!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread