+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 540 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

That's stylish

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mark.

Bit effeminate though.

I'm sorted.

It's very discrete & produces a more pleasing note (usually middle c)

Quality. Does it generate some good bubble action?

I find that when the bubbles burst, it seems to accentuate the pong

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    A tip someone once gave me was to fill your flask with boiling water and leaving it like that for a few minutes before emptying and immediately filling with your drink. Supposed to keep your drink hot for longer. Seems to help.
    It will do, as you are pre-heating the flask not and using the contents to heat it up. Also if you want to avoid any 'metallic' taste, use an old-fashioned Thermos with a silvered-glass vacuum vessel.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yeah Im being a bit silly Marco. Im a bit lazy to be grinding beans. I am getting used to a hotel breakfast set up though and I now want walnuts, dried apricots, yoghurt, danish pastries and a proper fresh fruit salad for breakfast ...... plus a full english with giant mushrooms and all the trimmings

As you say its about standards and enjoying the finer things in life.
    AKA 'Heart attack on a plate'.
    Barry

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

As it happens my personal treats are Ethiopian as a morning brew and Sumatran on an occasional weekend evening. But I'm happy enough with any source just as long as it's black, hot and nothing else since coffee inherently has plenty of flavour. What can be so difficult that the chain coffee shops struggle when you ask for black coffee ?

Denis Leary pretty much sums it up for me...

NB the language isn't for the sensitive but it's all in context.

Pete

I used to simply ask for an 'ordinary cup of coffee' and let the staff of Costa or Starbucks sort it out. Now I know to ask for a "flat white" if I want an ordinary coffee, and an "Americano with milk on the side" if I need a real caffeine hit.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Now I know to ask for a "flat white" if I want an ordinary coffee...
    When you say an ordinary coffee, I presume you mean an ordinary white coffee? What language is necessary then to request an ordinary black one?

Personally, I wouldn't entertain such nonsense, so thankfully I rarely frequent coffee shop chains. In reality, only an imbecile, or someone being deliberately obtuse, would claim not to know what an ordinary black or white coffee was.

Marco.
    Main System

Default Barista to Barry-speak lexicon

Americano = black coffee

Flat white = white coffee

Latte = extra milky coffee
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread