+ Reply to Thread
Page 493 of 540 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

Government websites that think Im going to log on, give all my details and verify my mobile number...The arrogance of it like they are my friends. lets do lunch sometime

I dont need to be on them (re tax refunds) but the cheeky barstewards said you get it in days if you log on to a site. I looked at it..... F off! So Im waiting for the cheque which takes 60 days after filing a P50 form

Bottom line is I dont want any government agency with my mobile phone number etc etc... I hate em!!
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 08-07-2019 at 08:10.

I'm Martin.

There's no need for them to have your telephone number. Just as if they have the time and manpower to be calling people individually! They just want it so they can break your balls in the future if the need arises.

You can always put a fake number in anyway, that's what I usually do with these online forms where a phone number is compulsory. There's no way for them to verify it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Same here. We must all seek to keep the controlling 'establishment' bastards at arm's length, as much as possible. Don't let them drip-feed their insidious mind control!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

yeah but I looked through the site registration and they wanted phone verification by text or something.....Plus it started asking a lot of nanny questions already covered on the p50 form

So the P50 form results in a letter awarding a certain amount. They then refer you to a website (for speedy payment) which starts asking the same patronising questions you already sent off on a form.

So you wait ages for the cheque or visit a patronising site that treats you like a baby and gets more info to pin me down. I will wait ages then thanks ( Ive already been waiting 45 days)

If I did go online they will always expect me to go on the site so they can sack more workers and just have one YTS lad working in Dundee. I know for a fact that these ***ts are offering 8 hour a week contracts and our taxes dont get overseen properly
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 08-07-2019 at 08:41.

I'm Grant.

they are trying establish that you are the person who did the form. fairly common to send you a text and for you to verify it. banks etc do it as does google
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Yes, most banks now require a mobile phone number so they can send you a text with a code in that you use to verify your identity when purchasing stuff online ('two-step verification' is the term). It's a good way of preventing misuse of your card if it's lost or stolen.

I personally can't see the problem giving the number to a government department if it gets the money to you more quickly.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I'm with you there Rich. My allocated space is right outside my French doors and usually my car is parked there. I don't go out much so the space is occupied full time. However, the roof of the building is undergoing some repairs and a scaffold had to be put up and I was asked to park my car in a visitors bay while the work was taking place, reasonable enough I thought so did as requested. The scaffold was erected, oo err mrs, and enough space was left to put my car back but thought better of it in case of low flying debris from the roof. Anyway 8.15 the following morning I get a knock on the door from the roofers asking me to move my car and when I looked lo and behold some bell end had parked there overnight. I explained it wasn't my car and had no idea who it belonged to but the roofers insisted I found the owner and got it moved, they were told politely to piss off and talk to the managing agent. I get a call from them wanting to know who's car it was and as I couldn't help them I put the phone down. The car was there all day and mysteriously it was covered in building fallout. Later that evening the owner returned and gave me a load of abuse for letting the roofers work around his car, suffice to say he got a mouthful from me. Interestingly a sign has now appeared saying NO PARKING.
    Sounds like a bunch of idiots all round. I'm glad a bit of karma got the driver though. Obnoxious git.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Obnoxious git? I'd have knocked him out!! What fucking right did he have to park on someone's private land? The SHEER CHEEK/audacity of the cretin....!!

So what excuse did the ignorant COCK give for parking his car there Ian, and I'd also love to know why he thought he was entitled to shout at *YOU*...?

Never mind building debris, I'd have had a word with the builders and asked them to 'accidentally drop' something heavy right through the c*nt's windscreen, which would've taught him a suitable lesson! Just a pity his car wasn't parked out on the road, rather than your driveway, as I'd have let down all his tyres, and laughed at him tying to fix it... FUCKER.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Obnoxious git? I'd have knocked him out!! What fucking right did he have to park on someone's private land? The SHEER CHEEK/audacity of the cretin....!!

So what excuse did the ignorant COCK give for parking his car there Ian, and I'd also love to know why he thought he was entitled to shout at *YOU*...?

Never mind building debris, I'd have had a word with the builders and asked them to 'accidentally drop' something heavy right through the c*nt's windscreen, which would've taught him a suitable lesson! Just a pity his car wasn't parked out on the road, rather than your driveway, as I'd have let down all his tyres, and laughed at him tying to fix it... FUCKER.

Marco.
    Turns out he's the boyfriend of my upstairs neighbour, I've had a run in with him before and he is wary of me and yes he is an utter nob.
    A few years ago a similar situation happened to a friend of mine and after being asked politely on several occasions not to park in my friends bay suitable action was taken. It's surprisingly difficult to clean Vasaline off of a windscreen.
    Someone I worked with had his car broken into outside his house, he knew who did it and he exacted a very good revenge. He superglued a plastic bag filled with paint stripper to the thief's car roof, the sweet part is that the thief actually does the real damage when they pull the bag off, brilliant.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Turns out he's the boyfriend of my upstairs neighbour, I've had a run in with him before and he is wary of me and yes he is an utter nob.
    A few years ago a similar situation happened to a friend of mine and after being asked politely on several occasions not to park in my friends bay suitable action was taken. It's surprisingly difficult to clean Vasaline off of a windscreen.
    Someone I worked with had his car broken into outside his house, he knew who did it and he exacted a very good revenge. He superglued a plastic bag filled with paint stripper to the thief's car roof, the sweet part is that the thief actually does the real damage when they pull the bag off, brilliant.
    Direct action is wonderful! Thing is, if your friend had reported the theft to the police, pointing them at the culprit, they'd have done jack shit due to 'lack of evidence'. But the complaint would have been recorded, and if your friend than went and give the scrote's car the stripper-in-a-bag treatment, the coppers would be straight round. So your mate could lose twice over He did exactly the right thing imo.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread