+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 540 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm joe.

As always, the mighty Half Man Half Biscuit have a song about this very situation:

So I’m walking down the road
    And heading towards me
    Is somebody I know
    But not like a brother
    He’s seen me, and we both realise
    That we’re going to have to put into operation
    The tricky manoeuvre that is
    Acknowledgement without breaking stride
    So I keep my eyes fixed firmly on the ground
    ‘Til I get within ten or so feet away
    With a nod of the head
    And a timely hello
    I can carry on walking
    Don’t wanna get talking
    Rule number one – carry on walking
    And anyway I don’t know his name
    And if I were to guess
    I’d guess it all wrong
    And I’d be there for a long time

How’s it going, where’re you living
    Do you still see much of Steve?
    Are you married, are you working
    Do you still drink in The Swan?

I'm Martin.

Yes its good that. I like Half Man Half Biscuit.

There are a few techniques not to break stride. The half acknowledgement without making real eye contact, the swinging wrist forward point as if casually pointing to what youve got to do in that direction.

This can be accompanied by the funny tight lipped smile and raised eyebrows while turning and nodding your head rapidy a few times. Saying alright so quickly that it just somes out as a one syllable noise.

Ive got a not so funny example of a guy that nearly left me in Blackpool once to make my own way home. This is because he couldnt handle his drink and he lost his wallet so he starts taking out his drunken frustrations on me.

So we see each other in town and we both instantly recognise each other. We both know what happened then but we just pretend as if we dont remember, never met and weve moved on. We dont say anything to each other but its an awful moment because you can feel the tension in the air.

I'm Grant.

Try nutting him next time. He might remember you then
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

I was thinking of saying something similar. Can't hurt to clear the air!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    No one would raise an eyebrow. It's how people in Blackpool say hello.

Little known fact: Singer Alicia Keys' dad lives and works in Blackpool. His name is Don.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Digital cameras. I have half a dozen and each time I need one the batteries are flat. They're all the same, every digital camera I've owned depletes batteries quickly. Surely there's a better way?

I'm Alan.

With Li-ion batteries there is a finite self discharge. If you keep them in the fridge this is reduced massively.

I suggest a small sealed tub to keep them in.

Another thing to keep in the fridge is super glue. I have some that is years old and still usable.

I'm Geoff.

Might try that Alan. Seems I'm forever charging batteries.

I'm Martin.

Give them a rub on your jumper.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

I've been watching some daytime TV this week, mostly shite. One program 'ill gotten gains' shows how profits from crime are recovered and put to good use. First story gets so far and the presenter says"we'll show you later what happened" next story starts,half way through "we'll come back to this with the result of the investigation" next story starts!!! And then they return to the other story's bit by bit just tell one tale at a time for FS!!!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread