Page 275 of 540 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Grant.

mostly fedoras or similar
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Carlos Santana

Summer straw

Couple of fedoras and a trilby below

I get mine from the states
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I bet they were thoroughly searched by HM Customs, their logic being that the purchaser must be on drugs

I'm Mark.

Films where the dialog is nothing but a low mumble with occasional grunts - the Americans have always been particularly good at these, but the fashion seems to be catching on more and more in UK TV dramas too. Might as well be in a foreign language, if there are no subtitles I'm totally stuffed.

I'm Martin.

Have you had your conservatory valeted recently? Inside and out? Just seen a TV ad for this. What an age we live in. Mind you people seem happy to pay a tenner to have someone throw a bucket of water over their car and briefly run a hoover round the inside so I suppose it's a viable market.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Yes. I've seen those. Folk getting too lazy (or too stupid) to clean anything these days. Still, it's less annoying than all the funeral plans being flogged on the box.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. I've seen those. Folk getting too lazy (or too stupid) to clean anything these days. Still, it's less annoying than all the funeral plans being flogged on the box.
    A mate whose unemployed and has all day every day to clean his car takes it to the valeters instead. I think for the feeling of status more than anything.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

I put my motor through the Tesco automatic wash around xmas. Cost me a massive two and a half nicker! It's filthy at the moment.

I'm Martin.

On the other hand I also have a mate whose house and car are always a total pigsty. Rubbish piled in all the passenger footwells right up to the height of the seats. You know those grills you can get to separate your dogs in the boot of your estate from the back seat? He had a Merc estate and the grill was a spiderweb. Went right across the car and from the back of the seat all the way to the roof. Really impressive. And he drove around with that for years. This bloke works long hours and is wealthy enough that he could pay the Queen to clean the car for him. Nowt so queer as folk.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Yeah thats one!...people who don't wash their own car and get their groceries delivered....You lazy blighters! Where's the pride in a job well done?

(Secretly I'm very jealous but I'm a control freak and renowned skinflint)

+ Reply to Thread