+ Reply to Thread
Page 392 of 540 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Martin.

I like plain crisps that's why. Loads of people do.

The chip machine sounds awesome, I've never seen one of those ever.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    It then lifted the basket, jerked it a few times to shake the oil off, then up-ended it and they came tumbling down a chute into a drawer at the front.
    Ooooh lovely, dahling.... One could think of something else you could apply that 'jerking' process to, after which a back or 'front drawer' would be filled - and I bet some would pay handsomely for it, too!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm John.

Sorry, but plain crisps? Why would you bother??!

On the vending machine front, I remember the coolest one ever in Southampton Central Swimming Baths when I was a kid and it dispensed....freshly cooked chips!!

You put your 50p in and you could watch as it dispensed a portion of pre-cut chips into a basket, lowered them into hot oil and fried them for a pre-determined period.

It then lifted the basket, jerked it a few times to shake the oil off, then up-ended it and they came tumbling down a chute into a drawer at the front. You retrieved them from this and tipped them into a paper bag from a pile sat next to the machine. They were hotter than the surface of the sun but tasted great, especially after you’d been swimming.

The machine was out of order more than it was working but it was still amazing and I’ve never seen another one. I keep looking for one on eBay as I quite fancy one for the kitchen...
    Never heard of one of them before.

I have to ask though, did it add salt and vinegar? It's a deal breaker.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Sorry, but plain crisps? Why would you bother??!..
    Sorry, we're talking 1970s Smiths Crisps here! They tasted of potatoes! The salt scrunchy was there to enhance the taste, not to disguise it!

I'm Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I remember when the salt provided with Smiths crisps came in a piece of twisted up blue paper. They were my favourite. Then in the eighties Smiths revived them, putting the salt in a sealed sachet, and they didn't seem quite the same. Maybe Smiths had changed the formula slightly to make them healthier.

On the subject of vending machine woes: In the seventies some clever soul discovered that if you put a small elastic band around the rim of a ten pence piece you could fool the cigarette machine into thinking it was a 50p. It was a free for all for a couple of days with our pubs fag machine until it was time to re-stock, and all these 10p's and elastics fell out. This must have been happening all over town

After that the bar staff watched us like hawks, but still lost a fair bit more until an engineer could get out and spoil our fun.
    I remember when we found the local chocolate vending machine (with twist handle) accepted plastic toy 10p's, had fun emptying that machine. Also on holiday we found a change machine in an amusement arcade that would change a 5p for five 1p pieces and gave the 5p back. Me and my brothers could hardly walk!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    I remember when we found the local chocolate vending machine (with twist handle) accepted plastic toy 10p's, had fun emptying that machine. Also on holiday we found a change machine in an amusement arcade that would change a 5p for five 1p pieces and gave the 5p back. Me and my brothers could hardly walk!
    Probably as well that these things happened before computers. I'd hate to think our faces would be recorded onto a hard drive somewhere, so that one day AI can use them to track us down.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    70p or a quid. Chocolate is 80p a hit. Right rob-dogs but you can sometimes get a two-for-one or even a three-for-one when they haven't packed it properly. So that sort of makes up for it. Even so the bloke who owns the company must have bought a boat off of me alone over the past 12 years. It costs so much to go to work it's hardly worth the bother.
    Take crisps and chocolate with you. Cheaper and you get what u like.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Had a chop shop near our baths fortunately. Not a good one either but hot. Think the shop cat fell into the grease once but he still served the fish. Lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Sorry, we're talking 1970s Smiths Crisps here! They tasted of potatoes! The salt scrunchy was there to enhance the taste, not to disguise it!
    Maybe it's a good thing that younger folk don't know how much better crisps used to taste. Certainly a good thing for the makers. And don't get me started on Walkers-ugh! I'm just waiting for Bugger-lugs Linnekar in a Santa hat to start with the Christmas pudding flavour crisps.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Probably as well that these things happened before computers. I'd hate to think our faces would be recorded onto a hard drive somewhere, so that one day AI can use them to track us down.
    Thing is, an attempted Windows upgrade would probably wipe the lot.

+ Reply to Thread