+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 540 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I was taught that by a restaurant owner to repeat to my boss after I asked him to settle an invoice, I had no idea what it meant until I did repeat it to my boss who luckily found it hilarious
    Ha - quality!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I saw a news report tonight on Granada reports about parts of Greater Manchester being "no go" areas for delivery and taxi drivers. Some of these drivers have been given dash cams to record these incidents.

One bit of footage clearly showed an egg being launched at a copper, while in another clip some scrote chucked a stone at a taxi, breaking the windscreen. My question is; why were the identities of these scumbags protected by blurring their faces? Their guilt is plain to see, so why can't they be named and shamed?

I think these drivers should also be provided with paintball guns, complete with special ammo containing a bright green fluorescent paint which also smells like dog shit. Sports Direct would enjoy a welcome boost in sales as the little shitbags rush to buy replacements for their £20 "designer" outfits.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

One bit of footage clearly showed an egg being launched at a copper, while in another clip some scrote chucked a stone at a taxi, breaking the windscreen. My question is; why were the identities of these scumbags protected by blurring their faces? s.
    Their faces aren't blurred, that's what they actually look like.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Their faces aren't blurred, that's what they actually look like.
    Of course, that's it! Means the hoods are a bit belt 'n' braces then.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

You don't get any if those issues round here. There are no coppers to throw eggs at and all the taxis already have chipped windscreens.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Ian.

Why is it that when a new film is being advertised the gravely voice over can't say the date properly. Currently promoting the new Nicole Kidman film Destroyer which comes out January twenty five, not January the twenty fifth. Bah humbug.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Martin.

Won't be long before 'theatre' replaces 'cinema' - as in 'At a cinema near you! - from Sunday!'

If it hasn't already.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Russell.

Here’s something that’s been sticking in my craw for a few weeks now, jingles on television. I am shocked at what passes for music in TV commercials! Sure, some companies pay big money to play an old classic rock song, but lately there are several commercials on tv, in which the so called music, or sound tract, is so terrible I feel the need to mute the tv until it’s over! Is this a coming trend? Is this the future of music?

I don’t know if you have them in England, but in the States there is a fast food franchise called Subway. And their latest ad shows a young girl dancing with LED light up eyelashes, and what they play for music is just a screeching synth, some high pitched noise that sounds more like an alarm than music. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t play it every 10 minutes. A few other commercials have similar sound tracts, not music, just someone banging on a synth, in a most irritating fashion. Is that the goal? To catch people’s attention by irritating them? I worry that it’s an upcoming trend in music! In 5 years the pop stations will be peeling the paint off the walls with these horrific noises, pretending to be music!

But in all seriousness, I really wish commercial producers would take their jobs more seriously and make better commercials. If they are going to force us to watch them, they can at least be entertaining.

Russell

I'm Grant.

Yup we have subway. There was one In my town. Dunno if it's still there tho.
    Answer is to do away with tv
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I don't think the music of adverts over here has got as bad as what your experiencing...yet, but as with most things what you have we also get eventually.

The solution for me personally is quite simple, it's called Sky Plus (other recording hard drives are available). We never watch anything live these days - everything is downloaded or recorded sometimes only watching it 20 minutes or so behind the "live" programme, so we can skip through the ads when playing back. Non of the BBC channels have advertising, which is nice, although they do spend some time promoting their own stuff.

I'm surprised that "product placement" isn't used more, as advertisers must by now be feeling the pinch from people altering their viewing habits like I do.

I feel your pain with the shit jingles Russell, you only have to hear it once and it can stay with you all day

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread