+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 540 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Geoff.

I'm Neil.

Default Pet Hates........or FFS

Sent from my Quantum Purifier using Rare Earth Metals.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

Weve probably had this one before but sellers based in China listing that they are from the UK... Durham or Basildon for example....Aaaargh!

I cant pick up on it everytime and maybe Im guilty for thinking a small LED, battery operated, motion activated light can be had for £3.89 posted. When I see Durham UK I dont want some Chinese seller trying it on. I usually double check with this sort of item so Im probably more annoyed with myself. Ok they want the business but can this be considered ok?

Maybe the main problem is Im losing all sense of pricing in poundshop Britain.

So Ive got an item on the slow boat from...... and I usually notice a marked rise in my details being sold for cold calling and emails. If there is a problem ebay will have to refund me because I have never had a Chinese seller properly refund me

Although I feel like the cheapskate I am.....this is plainly fraudulent. If I listed I was somewhere else its fraudulent information. I will wait and see if they have a warehouse in the UK but what are your bets on that? I should report it to ebay but nothing seems to get done and these sellers have my address
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 13-01-2018 at 16:22.

I'm Paul.

Although you’ll surprised who sells your details, even companies who you think would not. A few times I have signed up for something but used a different name and kept track of who got what name. It was interesting to see what marketing I received from new companies and I knew who gave them the details by the name that was shown.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

Oh yes once the information is out there thay are all at it. Even the council sells my info to any company thats interested in the voters roll.

I did notice an increase in paypal phishing emails once I had transactions in the far east. Then again there are surely some great sellers there and Im not being racist about it.

I had a great stylus gauge from Hong Kong but I knew that was coming from HK.

I once received half (yes half) a coax plug when this happened before and then some Monty Python dirty fork sketch took place where the customer service bod was going to lose his/her livelihood if I complained....Never got a refund though...ebay had to do it.

Gets me about once a year this problem and I must be more careful to check the seller details
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 13-01-2018 at 22:23.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    I once received half (yes half) a coax plug when this happened before and then some Monty Python dirty fork sketch happened where the customer service bod was going to lose his/her livelihood if I complained....Never got a refund though...ebay had to do it.

Seems to be a different business ethic. I have your money for a faulty product and you will not get it back.

not quite sure how eBay think that this scenario ( and I've been through it) is a positive buying experience that encourages casual buyers to re use their platform, never mind those of us who understand the ins & outs.

The sooner that eBay goes down and gets bought out by google the better.. At least we'll know that search will fecking work properly.......
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Dave.

Now that is a GREAT Idea
    TVM

Dave

I'm Russell.

The way EBay keeps raising their rates, and cutting costs, they should be rolling in money! But in these modern times, you never know who may be bought out next? eBay used to give 2% EBay Bucks back for most purchases, I never really let it influence my purchases, but it was nice after you’ve bought a piece of stereo or two to get some spending money back. But, the greedy just couldn’t stand it! They first said that any EBay bucks under $5 would not be awarded, then they changed it to 1%. Like they aren’t making any money? Why did they bother offering it in the first place if they really didn’t want to? If they have EBay bucks or not will not affect my buying habits, but this just seems greedy on their part. They’d have been better if they had never brought it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    The way EBay keeps raising their rates, and cutting costs, they should be rolling in money! But in these modern times, you never know who may be bought out next? eBay used to give 2% EBay Bucks back for most purchases, I never really let it influence my purchases, but it was nice after you’ve bought a piece of stereo or two to get some spending money back. But, the greedy just couldn’t stand it! They first said that any EBay bucks under $5 would not be awarded, then they changed it to 1%. Like they aren’t making any money? Why did they bother offering it in the first place if they really didn’t want to? If they have EBay bucks or not will not affect my buying habits, but this just seems greedy on their part. They’d have been better if they had never brought it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not sure this ever applied in the UK

I'm Grant.

Don't recall it here either. Used to get 10% off vouchers regularly at one time though. I rarely use the bay now but was a big user once.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread