+ Reply to Thread
Page 471 of 540 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

It's still Conwy. Did you spell Rhyl earlier as 'Ril', or Llandudno, as 'Landudno'? No, so......

Marco.
    I still call it Pembroke rather than Penfro.

I'm Grant.

primary 7 here... only time i remember being in wales was a job at a substation or something like that near wrexham. we were repairing the building if memory serves from a trailer cherrypicker. heap of crap that was. Quite liked the area tho, and it was fairly pretty.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It was a school trip venue in my day, as was Llandudno. We visited the latter in our last year at primary school (what's now known as Year Six) and robbed the place blind. This was before the 'only two schoolkids allowed in the shop at one time' rule was introduced. Indeed it may have been why that rule was introduced.

Childhood summer holidays were also mostly spent in Wales, at Prestatyn holiday camp when I was a nipper, then in a farmhouse on Anglesey for several years in my teens. It always seemed to be pissing it down in Anglesey, but my sister got sunstroke there one year, so the sun must have shone occasionally. We used to drive there in my uncle's Humber Super Snipe, all packed in like sardines, with no seatbelts or any of that nonsense, and before speed limits were introduced on many rural roads.
    Awesome! Never saw you though as a shoplifter... Typical scouser. All 'wrong uns', lol

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Awesome! Never saw you though as a shoplifter... Typical scouser. All 'wrong uns', lol

Marco.
    I blame the bad lads I was with. One particularly, who I'll call Peter Connor (because that was his name). One break-time, we were carrying a crate of empty milk bottles to the school kitchen between us. Suddenly, without warning, Peter let go his end of the crate, and it crashed to the floor, making the loudest noise I've ever heard in my life. It naturally drew the attention of several teachers, including the Headmaster. Fortunately I was still holding my end of the crate, and Peter was a known troublemaker, so I escaped punishment, and he got the cane.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    primary 7 here... only time i remember being in wales was a job at a substation or something like that near wrexham. we were repairing the building if memory serves from a trailer cherrypicker. heap of crap that was. Quite liked the area tho, and it was fairly pretty.
    When I lived in Glasgow, I'd never even heard of Wrexham! However, we went on a family holiday to North Wales in the mid 80s, touring around in the car, having driven down there from Scotland, and my abiding memory was going down the slate mine in Blaenau Ffestiniog [awesome place: https://slatemountain.co.uk/] and the stunning scenery of Snowdonia, where we stayed in a lovely little hotel, and where the owner made her own Bara Brith

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

When I lived in Glasgow, I'd never even heard of Wrexham! However, we went on a family holiday to North Wales in the mid 80s, touring around in the car, having driven down there from Scotland, and my abiding memory was going down the slate mine in Blaenau Ffestiniog [awesome place: https://slatemountain.co.uk/] and the stunning scenery of Snowdonia, where we stayed in a lovely little hotel, and where the owner made her own Bara Brith

Marco.
    went a few family hols down south; various places but 2 or 3 times to the Norfolk Broads, as Dad liked boats
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Nice one. So did we. I remember going to various places in Devon and Cornwall - the gorgeous Cornish ice-cream and clotted cream stick in the mind! Polperro was a favourite haunt of my dad's. Beautiful little seaside village, and that was in the days before it was spoiled by heaving levels of tourists! You can't move there now in peak season

And also going to Dartmoor, Exmoor and Somerset, where I first tasted genuine scrumpy! And of course we visited the Lake District numerous times - got lots of good memories of places like Keswick and Buttermere/Grassmere

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

got a huge big lump on my lower back. dunno where this came from. maybe got stung although dunno how or when... big bloody thing anyway so will need to stop wearing the thong
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

It's still Conwy. Did you spell Rhyl earlier as 'Ril', or Llandudno, as 'Landudno'? No, so......

Marco.
    That's because they are spelt the same in Welsh. I notice you are using 'Wrexham' instead of 'Wrecsam'...

Anyway as Joe says they're just having a laugh with the whole Welsh language thing. Back in the 1970s there were like 8 people left who spoke it, until some chancer spotted the opportunity to make a few bob.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It was a school trip venue in my day, as was Llandudno. We visited the latter in our last year at primary school (what's now known as Year Six) and robbed the place blind. This was before the 'only two schoolkids allowed in the shop at one time' rule was introduced. Indeed it may have been why that rule was introduced.

Reminds me of our school trip to St Malo. The poor Frenchies thought the Hundred Years War was back on.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread