+ Reply to Thread
Page 509 of 540 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I dont mind trying new things, but prefer to try them at home in case its awful... looks bad puking in a restaraunt.. I always had limited likes as a child and even as an adult... I try to be better now, but old favs are, well favs and you shouldnt muck about with your diet
    No worries, but that's the problem, and largely why kids now as such faddy/fussy eaters. I was brought up to eat what my mum put on the table, and like it! And if I didn't, I got nothing. Fortunately, she was a great cook!

But parents in general pander way to much to the whims of their kids, especially at an early age, and that's largely what breeds fussy eaters. You aren't born hating vegetables!

Marco.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Fair enough, me and pretty much every other Italian or Frenchman. That's what separates most Brits from most continentals. We don't just see food as sustenance

You still haven't answered my question. Now you know why unanswered questions are a pet hate of mine

Let's have one last go.... Yes, I'm persistent!

What would you do in the scenario I presented? Stubbornly stick to HP, just because "that's what you're used to", or next time buy the sauce you preferred the taste of?

Marco.
    I like it because it's what I got used to from very young age and over the next 50 years. It's what my brain says brown sauce should taste like. So it's unlikely, maybe even impossible that I would prefer any other brown sauce.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

trouble is its not likethat with everyone. especially these days when kids can see and hear about other stuff.. as for starving kids; em it doesnt work and try it and see how fast you end up in court.

as a young child i ate eggs all time and drank kiddy coffee and tea. when i got older i wouldnt touch eggs, tea or coffee..

Most kids will end up eating what everyone else eats soon enough without you having to force feed them. its all part of parenting.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

But parents in general pander way to much to the whims of their kids, especially at an early age, and that's largely what breeds fussy eaters. You aren't born hating vegetables!

Marco.
    I agree. The hungrier you get the more appealing any sort of food becomes.

You see it with cats when you buy the cheapo food because there's none of the good stuff left in the shop. They turn their noses up at it at first but give it an hour or so and they're scoffing it down. (When they think you're not looking of course).
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

No worries, but that's the problem, and largely why kids now as such faddy/fussy eaters. I was brought up to eat what my mum put on the table, and like it! And if I didn't, I got nothing. Fortunately, she was a great cook!

Marco.
    But children do take an irational dislike to certain foods, and you can't force them to eat it. At the age of five or so, I suddenly decided I hated cheese and wouldn't eat it. If my mother had made a big deal out of it, it might have caused problems. As it was, she just stopped giving me anything with cheese in it. I still don't like 'raw' cheese, but will happily eat meals in which cheese is an ingredient.

I'm Martin.

'What's for tea tonight mam?'

'Cheese'

'What, just cheese?'

'Yes just cheese. What more do you want? This isn't The Ritz you know.'

'Bollocks then I'm off down the chippy.'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Non parents ideas always make me smile
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'What's for tea tonight mam?'

'Cheese'

'What, just cheese?'

'Yes just cheese. What more do you want? This isn't The Ritz you know.'

'Bollocks then I'm off down the chippy.'
    Well, quite. The only meal that wasn't wolfed down in our house was liver and bacon (Thursday's meal if I remember correctly). Sometimes it was fine, and we always liked the bacon, but sometimes the liver was on the 'chewy' side, so we'd leave it. There was no 'you don't leave the table unless you've cleared your plate'. The dog got the leftovers.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Well, quite. The only meal that wasn't wolfed down in our house was liver and bacon (Thursday's meal if I remember correctly). Sometimes it was fine, and we always liked the bacon, but sometimes the liver was on the 'chewy' side, so we'd leave it. There was no 'you don't leave the table unless you've cleared your plate'. The dog got the leftovers.
    I used to hate Wednesday as it was 'Hot Pot' night. I mean we used to eat it but it was so bland. My mother was not much of a cook and hardly ate anything herself anyway.

We never had any of that 'clear your plate' nonsense either. If you didn't eat it you went hungry, no-one was overly concerned. My mother would just serve up the food then go and do something else so there was no 'supervision' in any case.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I like it because it's what I got used to from very young age and over the next 50 years. It's what my brain says brown sauce should taste like. So it's unlikely, maybe even impossible that I would prefer any other brown sauce.
    Thanks for answering that - at last!

Very interesting... I couldn't be more different.

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread