+ Reply to Thread
Page 507 of 540 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Grant.

Not tried their brown sauce but did have a bottle of the tomato ketchup. it was ok and different but i preferred Heinz(maybe from old preference). Tesco used to sell it.. Sure its made by Wilkins. I dont use brown much now but next time i see a bottle i will get some
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The Tiptree/Wilkin ketchup is particularly good, better even than their brown sauce, but honestly next time you're in Lidl, try the 'Batts' one - it's phenomenally good for the money:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLi...?articleId=320

As is Ikea's own Swedish-made ketchup (and mustard) - the stuff that they put on their in-store hotdogs!

Marco.

Interesting thread here, not just about the Batts ketchup, but given what we've been discussing about brands: https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/fo...ock-off-brand/

Too many folks have been brainwashed by the marketing of big-name brands, so that's what they always reach for in supermarkets, even if they don't realise it, then they just become lazy creatures of habit!

Marco [fundamentally not wired that way].

I'm Grant.

had the lidl one. didnt like it at all and it went in the bin. aldis one which is a branson take off is better imo.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Interesting thread here, not just about the Batts ketchup, but given what we've been discussing about brands: https://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/fo...ock-off-brand/
    housepricecrash? LOL!! Those guys have been predicting house price crashes for the past 20 years or so, as house prices have continued their inexorable rise, so I'd take their purchasing recommendations with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    had the lidl one. didnt like it at all and it went in the bin. aldis one which is a branson take off is better imo.
    Lol - just shows you how tastes differ! However, I also like the Aldi one. Anyway, the key thing is to be open-minded and willing to experiment, not a boring brand-name robot.

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    housepricecrash? LOL!! Those guys have been predicting house price crashes for the past 20 years or so, as house prices have continued their inexorable rise, so I'd take their purchasing recommendations with a pinch of salt.
    Didn't even look at the name of the site - just the opening content of that thread on a Google search.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

I've always been happy to try different brands etc, but I've always ended up back at heinz. Same with their beans. You get a superior fart with theirs lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Too many folks have been brainwashed by the marketing of big-name brands, so that's what they always reach for in supermarkets, even if they don't realise it, then they just become lazy creatures of habit!

Marco [fundamentally not wired that way].
    Or you could argue that preferring to buy niche premium brands is a result of their 'Don't follow the herd' style marketing....

Big name brands become big name brands because they sell well, not the other way around.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Extra fart-factor, eh?

No, we used either Aldi or Lidl's reduced salt ones, and add some tomato puree. You can't tell the difference then, and I find Heinz beans a little too sweet, not that I have baked beans very often. Del does though, because she's veggie, and they are good for you (in moderation).

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread