+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 540 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Sure, I get what you mean and that's cool

Yes, you like HP, but how will you know if you wouldn't like another sauce even MORE, if you don't try it? Unless there's something you like about HP, other than just the taste?

Marco.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Yes, you like HP, but how will you know if you wouldn't like something even MORE, if you don't try it? Unless there's something you like about it, other than just the taste?

Marco.
    So I assume you'll be seeking out butter pies then? You never know, you may love them, and I can tell you they NEVER come with puff pastry.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Yes, you like HP, but how will you know if you wouldn't like another sauce even MORE, if you don't try it? Unless there's something you like about HP, other than just the taste?

Marco.
    It's just what I'm used to. You can't change your brand of brown sauce after fifty years.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Lol - that's where you and I are different. I have no such brand loyalty... Whatever TASTES best *is* best!

Are you also a creature of habit with other things?

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    So I assume you'll be seeking out butter pies then? You never know, you may love them, and I can tell you they NEVER come with puff pastry.
    They sound mildly interesting, but I'd have no idea where to find them around here.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

They sound mildly interesting, but I'd have no idea where to find them around here.

Marco.
    Easy made mate.. shortcrust base filled with your desired filling. potato, onion and ham is usual for me. then puff pastry top..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Marco.
    Any bakery shop which sells pies probably. Actually no. I've just had a quick poke round tinternet and according to Wikipedia it IS a Lancashire thing. If we ever meet up I'll try to remember to bring you one.

Grant - NO! You can't have ham in a butter pie, well you can If you want a ham & potato pie instead of a butter pie.

Actually your version sounds more appealing. I'm not a fan of butter pies meself. My stomach can handle just about anything, if it can get past my taste buds it won't give me any problems Butter pies though give heartburn, and they don't taste good enough to be worth the grief.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    reminds me - at work if you get a pie from the van all there is is 'Daddys' brown sauce to put on it. People's lack of discernment is shocking. Nevertheless when I complained no-one understood what I was saying. I was accused of being a prima-donna and that 'brown sauce is brown sauce.' In any case I bought a big bottle of HP -with my own money - and took in.

Now guess what? No-body goes anywhere near the 'Daddys' shite and my bottle of HP is already half way down even though I've only used it once. Just goes to show.
    Myself I prefer HP but I can do Daddies.. then again I'm a Johnny no taste (Even If I am a Steve) I lurve Heinz Salad Cream (fuck Mayo) and a cheese (extra strong vintage cheddar) and Sandwich Spread sarnie is lush.
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre De Grenoble View Post
    Myself I prefer HP but I can do Daddies.. then again I'm a Johnny no taste (Even If I am a Steve) I lurve Heinz Salad Cream (fuck Mayo) and a cheese (extra strong vintage cheddar) and Sandwich Spread sarnie is lush.
    HP every time for me, essential with baked beans, and just about everything that isn't a pudding. Although when I was a kid my mum used to buy something called 'Hammonds Chop Sauce'. Can't remember the taste, but it was brown.

I can handle a bit of Heinz salad cream, but mayonnaise is just wrong. But you try to buy a ready-made sandwich without mayo from Tesco or wherever - good luck with that. The assumption is that everyone likes that shite. I blame the EU

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    HP every time for me, essential with baked beans, and just about everything that isn't a pudding. Although when I was a kid my mum used to buy something called 'Hammonds Chop Sauce'. Can't remember the taste, but it was brown.

I can handle a bit of Heinz salad cream, but mayonnaise is just wrong. But you try to buy a ready-made sandwich without mayo from Tesco or wherever - good luck with that. The assumption is that everyone likes that shite. I blame the EU
    I remember that Hammonds sauce stuff but like you can't remember if it was any good. I kinda remember it was a bit "fruity" but hey ho I've been drunk since.

I guess it's all about what you got fed as a kid. To this day I don't give a feck about any "deluxe" tomato ketchup. I buy only the cheapest Asda white label stuff, cos if it doesn't have that vinegar tang it simply isn't going near my chips.

I love a great sausage and the difference to the carp that was around when I was a kid is much loved.. BUT even now we still buy the odd packet of the cheapest "Walls" (other brands are available) pink things because they have that smell / taste /texture that is pure nostalgia. Wonder how many kids get Sausage Egg & Chipsfor a Tuesday Dinner these days...
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

+ Reply to Thread