+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 540 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm sorted.

They're the same @rseholes who don't bother stopping at mini roundabouts so you have to, oblivious to other road users

I'm Ian.

Pulling up at the traffic lights and the nob in front sits there with their foot on the brake pedal, scorching your retinas with the laser blasts from LED brake lights, ten times worse if it's dark and raining.

Also on a personal level the waste of skin who lives opposite me who seems incapable of turning down her car stereo when she leaves or comes back, whatever time of day, she also needs tazering.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Dan.

Fecking nosey cockwomble miserly old fart neighbours that feel they need to stand in their window and stare when I’ve lit the fire and smoke comes out of the chimney.. I mean, my god, what next? Rain from the sky...?

Arsehole...
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    Driving habits are a great source of pet hates, eg middle lane hogs. But my own personal dislike is people who can't simply pull up neatly at the end of a queue and apply the handbrake.

So imagine there are red traffic lights and a queue has already formed. My bete noire is the car in front of me which comes to a pause a leisurely 15-20 feet from the end of the queue and I stop right behind them, as does the car behind me and so on. The car in front of me then rolls (not having applied the handbrake) 3 feet forward and pauses. Then again. Then again. And so on. Each time everyone behind then has to decide whether they correspondingly shuffle forward in stages. Further back there is usually someone trying to turn off or onto the road who could really do with the queue being shorter to make their manoeuvre but they can't because the g1t in front of me is mindlessly edging forward a few inches at a time.

I'd like to propose burning at the stake as a suitable deterrent.

Pete
    If I'm in a long queue, I'll wait until there is room for me on the other side of a road junction, so as to let people in or out of the side road.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by hifilover View Post
    Fecking nosey cockwomble miserly old fart neighbours that feel they need to stand in their window and stare when I’ve lit the fire and smoke comes out of the chimney.. I mean, my god, what next? Rain from the sky...?

Arsehole...
    S'ok mate, it'll soon be bonfire night, so you can light a wee fire for them in their garden. That way, they won't have to look at yours. Nice being neighbourly, innit?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    S'ok mate, it'll soon be bonfire night, so you can light a wee fire for them in their garden. That way, they won't have to look at yours. Nice being neighbourly, innit?

Marco.
    Ah piss on their feet; I'm gonna light the bugger every night next week; the forecast is bleak enough

Its not as if he's going to say much; I've already spoken to other neighbours and he's a nosey prat that knows everything apparently. Also; he's not keen on 'youngsters' in the cul de sac; hell; we bring the age gap down 2 generations

Apparently; he wasn't impressed when I'd started doing some of my stone lifting on the drive too; he could 'feel' the vibrations of me dropping my 110kg atlas stone off my shoulder...! Really?! #howtobeaknob101
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Cat View Post
    Driving habits are a great source of pet hates, eg middle lane hogs. But my own personal dislike is people who can't simply pull up neatly at the end of a queue and apply the handbrake.

So imagine there are red traffic lights and a queue has already formed. My bete noire is the car in front of me which comes to a pause a leisurely 15-20 feet from the end of the queue and I stop right behind them, as does the car behind me and so on. The car in front of me then rolls (not having applied the handbrake) 3 feet forward and pauses. Then again. Then again. And so on. Each time everyone behind then has to decide whether they correspondingly shuffle forward in stages. Further back there is usually someone trying to turn off or onto the road who could really do with the queue being shorter to make their manoeuvre but they can't because the g1t in front of me is mindlessly edging forward a few inches at a time.

I'd like to propose burning at the stake as a suitable deterrent.

Pete
    Why not pull up in front of the culprit and reverse into the gap?

I'm Russell.

I’m coming back from the city at rush hour on the interstate, and half way the traffic stops. It starts to inch along, people swapping lanes, hoping to gain a space, it took two hours to drive a 30 minute trip, and when I got to where the traffic jam let up, and cars started moving again, I find that the accident that caused it was on the OTHER SIDE of the highway! There was NO accident on my side! People rubber necking to see the accident on the other side had brought traffic to a standstill!? What the hell is wrong with people? It just gets harder and harder to remain calm.

Russell

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I’m coming back from the city at rush hour on the interstate, and half way the traffic stops. It starts to inch along, people swapping lanes, hoping to gain a space, it took two hours to drive a 30 minute trip, and when I got to where the traffic jam let up, and cars started moving again, I find that the accident that caused it was on the OTHER SIDE of the highway! There was NO accident on my side! People rubber necking to see the accident on the other side had brought traffic to a standstill!? What the hell is wrong with people? It just gets harder and harder to remain calm.

Russell
    'Rubber necking' is a well known phenomenon and is often stated to be the cause of a slowing down of traffic and of delays in traffic reports. But it is also well recognised that people drive more carefully after seeing an RTA. Sadly the improvement in driving doesn't last long.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

People always slow down and drive more carefully when they see a cop car, they stop talking on their telephones, start indicating and observing lane discipline so maybe have fake cop cars all over the place? I mean it's the 21st century, can they not have holographic cop cars that they can switch on and off at will?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread