+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 540 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I knew her when she was a reporter on the East Kilbride News. Actually she was quite cute (and svelte) in those days.
    Yes she seems very nice, but she does say 'brilliant' rather a lot. Kind of loses its impact if she can't describe something as 'shite' occasionally.

I'm Ian.

Cars that park themselves FFS, if you can't park a car then why are you driving it in the first place. I suppose you could do some texting while it gets on with it.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Steve.

I'd rather have a car that can wash itself, I'd pay good money for that.

I'm Steve.

Some people are incapable of parking a car. My brother's ex-wife bought a Land Rover Discovery, and within two years it was so bashed about, it looked like a Beirut taxi.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'd rather have a car that can wash itself, I'd pay good money for that.
    Now you're talking
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    True. I think it is because that they feel guilty about all the wealth they have and see it as a way of 'putting something back' or 'using their fame to do some good'. Mostly it just ends up as utterly banal and pointless, like when Cheryl Crow advised us to use less toilet paper.
    If they wanted to give something back, they could donate to a charity, instead that get paid to be a spokes person for a charity, getting paid to beg money from poor people. A very few stars have come forward to say they don’t want to share their political views, because they realize no one really wants to hear it. And damn if they aren’t criticized for not picking a side! “They must surely be racist if they don’t want to talk about it?”

Russell

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Yes two things today

James Corden and it beggars belief what the Americans see in him. The guy should have a happy meal uniform on

Ebay sellers that cant answer the simplest of questions. I asked if some coins were aluminium coloured or brass looking coins. I needed to double check about the hue of the photograph.

The reply I got was " I wouldnt know how to tell sorry" That was it...no offer to expand on the issue or try and help further. I mean who cant tell the difference between a silver colour and brass? I didnt push it any further as I wonder who the hell I am dealing with

Ive had this quite a few times over the years.. very simple questions and they are unable to answer. I dont know if they are being pissy with me, stupid or just bone idle.

Its sods law that these people have the hi fi unit Im interested in. I wait ages to see stuff and then find its being sold by an idiot aaaaargh
    As a point, before I buy anything expensive from eBay, I always ask the seller a simple question. I am amazed at the number who simply do not respond. Apparently they aren’t really interested in selling their item? Or are so socially inept they don’t know how? As with your brass or silver question, that guy was socially afflicted.

Russell

I'm Grant.

Dodgy Seller Rule no 1... never answer a question with an affirmative or a negative reply.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    As a point, before I buy anything expensive from eBay, I always ask the seller a simple question. I am amazed at the number who simply do not respond. Apparently they aren’t really interested in selling their item? Or are so socially inept they don’t know how? As with your brass or silver question, that guy was socially afflicted.
    There is a chap somewhere in England who regularly posts eBay ads about hand-made passive preamps. He usually states right in the ad that he can make them to customer’s specifications. I asked him whether he could build me a passive preamp with 5 inputs, tape loop and a stepped attenuator and how much would it be... and got no response at all.

I wonder how he’s still in business...

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovel_Knight View Post
    There is a chap somewhere in England who regularly posts eBay ads about hand-made passive preamps. He usually states right in the ad that he can make them to customer’s specifications. I asked him whether he could build me a passive preamp with 5 inputs, tape loop and a stepped attenuator and how much would it be... and got no response at all.

I wonder how he’s still in business...
    Sounds like the 1932 Chevrolet, “you can have any color you like as long as it’s black”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread