+ Reply to Thread
Page 506 of 540 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - I'm not evangelical about brown sauce! It's just that the loyalty to a specific brand (of any product) mentality intrigues me, as does the 'I've been an HP [or whatever] man all my life, so why should I change now?', as I'm simply not wired that way.

I like what I like, but if I'm introduced to what I consider is a better product, or find such myself, then whatever I liked before is suitably replaced by it - simples!

The Tiptree isn't particularly expensive. Check my earlier link to it in Sainsbury's. At the end of the day, these things are all down to personal taste. I just prefer it because it's sweeter and fruitier. HP is 'sharper' and more vinegary, so it just depends what you're into.

Marco.
    Ah, now you see I don't want it to be sweet or fruity. I don't want orange with my duck, I don't want apple sauce with my pork, and I don't like sweet'n'sour either. I don't even care for ketchup, as I find that too sweet. That is not a closed mind though, I've tried them all and simply don't like them. I prefer fruity stuff to have ice cream or custard on it.

Have you any recommendations that aren't sweet and fruity, as an alternative to HP? I'm nothing if not open minded
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

I should mention that in addition to being open minded, I am also very lazy, and if your recommendation is leading me to some delicatessen in Nantwich, it probably won't happen

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm joe.

Don't you like spicy food either then, Joe? I love Italian and French food, and also a lot of British stuff [amongst others], but sometimes I need a good hot curry or Chinese

Every day I have totally different types of food, consisting of either fish, meat or vegetables. As they say, variety is the spice of life!

Marco.
    I eat a great many different types of food too, but nothing spicy. I don't like the smell or the taste of curry. I had Chinese food once and it made me ill, which kind of put me off repeating the experiment.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I eat a great many different types of food too, but nothing spicy. I don't like the smell or the taste of curry. I had Chinese food once and it made me ill, which kind of put me off repeating the experiment.
    Funny how some foods get you. I usually feel a bit ropey after KFC.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I had that once, and it made me ill. KFC's not something I'd choose to eat anyway, but the girls pestered us to buy it. Coincidentally not, both are now vegetarians.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ah, now you see I don't want it to be sweet or fruity. I don't want orange with my duck, I don't want apple sauce with my pork, and I don't like sweet'n'sour either. I don't even care for ketchup, as I find that too sweet. That is not a closed mind though, I've tried them all and simply don't like them. I prefer fruity stuff to have ice cream or custard on it.

Have you any recommendations that aren't sweet and fruity, as an alternative to HP? I'm nothing if not open minded
    Lol - are you another bland/boring eater?

Fair enough if you don't like sweet or fruity things, though. When it comes to 'condiment sauces', brown or ketchup, I often find that I prefer some supermarket own-brands to the 'big boys', as often with established brands you're just paying for the name, and that annoys me, as I hate being ripped off like that, or behaving like a brainwashed sheep [victim of a subliminal marketing campaign]!

I hate feeling like I'm being 'led' to buy something, as it goes completely against the free-thinker in me.

So.... Try Sainsbury's own-brand brown sauce in the squeezy bottle. I also prefer that to HP, and also either Lidl or Aldi's own Ketchup to Heinz. It's more tomatoey. Germans LOVE ketchup, so tend to do it well, and it's quite a bit cheaper than Heinz

Lots of other things come under the same category, such as pasta sauces, if you don't make your own. You can do MUCH better than Dolmio!

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Fair enough, but the last bit could've been for a variety of reasons. The best Chinese food is the authentic stuff, not the bastardised shit for European palates, full of Monosodium-glutamate, sold here in most takeaways. The former is usually much lighter and tastier, but you usually need to go to the 'Chinatown' area of a large city to find suitable restaurants, or better still eat it at the home of someone who's Chinese.

You could also try making it yourself, sourcing ingredients from a proper Chinese supermarket. Then you'll know exactly what's going into what you're eating!

Marco.

That stuff's DIRE. It's officially the unhealthiest 'junk food' you can eat! Basically due to the copious amounts of salt in the batter mix.

It's piss-easy to make your own 'southern-fried chicken' at home, which is a damn sight healthier and tastier!

Marco.

I'm Steve.

Lol - are you another bland/boring eater?

Fair enough if you don't like sweet or fruity things, though. When it comes to 'condiment sauces', brown or ketchup, I often find that I prefer some supermarket own-brands to the 'big boys', as often with established brands you're just paying for the name, and that annoys me, as I hate being ripped off like that, or behaving like a brainwashed sheep [victim of a subliminal marketing campaign]!

So.... Try Sainsbury's own-brand brown sauce in the squeezy bottle. I also prefer that to HP, and also either Lidl or Aldi's own Ketchup to Heinz. It's more tomatoey. Germans LOVE ketchup, so tend to do it well, and it's quite a bit cheaper than Heinz

Lots of other things come under the same category, such as pasta sauces, if you don't make your own. You can do MUCH better than Dolmio!

Marco.
    As you stated earlier your preference for sweet/fruity sauce your recommendation for Sainsbury's own brand is likely to be similarly at odds with my tastes. Oh well, we like what we like.

Anyway, after tomorrow I'll be going 'off the grid' for 7 days, enjoying some Bulgarian cuisine, which sometimes is actually quite good. Though the kavarma is not unlike some of Anita's 'invented' dishes she concocts

T'other system:

A/V:

As you stated earlier your preference for sweet/fruity sauce your recommendation for Sainsbury's own brand is likely to be similarly at odds with my tastes. Oh well, we like what we like.

Anyway, after tomorrow I'll be going 'off the grid' for 7 days, enjoying some Bulgarian cuisine, which sometimes is actually quite good. Though the kavarma is not unlike some of Anita's 'invented' dishes she concocts
    No, Sainsbury's own-brand brown sauce ISN"T sweet or especially fruity. It's quite different from the Tiptree one, but I also like it and prefer it to HP. So maybe give it a go?

Anyway, so are you off to Bulgaria? Nice one. Not been there, but quite fancy it. Enjoy, and take plenty of pics to show us!

Marco.

P.S The local red wine (which they don't export to other countries) is apparently rather good, and cheap as chips, so give it a go and report back.

+ Reply to Thread