+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record clamps ?

I'm Peter.

Default Record clamps ?

On an SL1210, is it worth it? I've seen a rather spiffy one on a German Website :-

http://www.m-puck.de/silentorseite.htm

thanks for your experiences.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.
    Powered by Custom-HiFi-Cables DC2 psus

depends, I only find them of use for keeping warped records flat.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

They can work pretty well, Peter, but experience tells me some are definitely better than others. How much is the one on the German website? I'd hesitate to drop a large wedge on it first without knowing if its effect will be beneficial to your system.

Dave sells some nice Clearaudio ones

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I have a Project record weight that I use on a Spacedeck,it weighs in at 750g,it works a treat on the Spacedeck but I get mixed results on the 1210,it does its job,flattening records but I think it is too heavy for the 1210,taking a bit of life out of the music.I still want a weight for my 1210 as some records aren't too happy sitting on the Achromat,they feel a bit slippy in-situ,so if this weight isn't too heavy I'd say go for it,if nothing else it looks trick .
    Paul

My Stezza
    TT=NAS Spacedeck,Ortofon RS309,Ortofon Jubilee,HEED Orbit. AMP=World Designs PreIII & PhonoIII,Eastern Electric M520. SPEAKERS=Audio Physic Tempo V. CD=Meridian 206,Monarchy DIP,Audio Note DAC Zero.

I'm Tony.

I got one of these to use on mine - the dimensions are virtually those recommended by Rudolph Bruil on his soundfountain site.
    Price seemed pretty reasonable to me, seller very good and the weight presses records into contact with the achromat and improves its effectiveness as well as giving better grip and drive.
    All IMO - YMMV

I'm Peter.

Tony,

Thanks, Just ordered, I'll give this one a try, it's a lot cheaper than others I've been looking at.

Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Stockwell; 27-02-2009 at 09:16.
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.