+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SME measurements

I'm Nobody.

Default SME measurements

Can anyone measure me the length of the bayonet connector on SME '3009' arm (thats the bit that sticks out the end of the armtube prior to fitting the shell)
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 14-11-2012 at 11:27.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

No sure which version you want, but on my SII Improved it is 11mm - it doesn't look quite the same as yours though- there's no sticky-out bit at the headshell end, just the knurled bit.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Alex mate, the sticky out bit fits inside the arm...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Alex mate, the sticky out bit fits inside the arm...
    No you dope, I'm not that bloody daft! - There's a tiny "lip" on that photo - probably only a millimetre or so at the headshell end - mine doesn't have that, just the knurled collar.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Actually, it could just be that once the collar is tightened up the "lip" is concealed anyway - in which case it is the same, it is just that in the piccie the collar is loose exposing the innards.
    Alex

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The collar comes forward over the lip I think, but the 3009 II Improved you have may have a different version to the one pictured (mines a fixed shell version so I can't tell.....)
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread