+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Bunch of my stuff!!

I'm Rahul.

Cool A Bunch of my stuff!!

Main Setup -
    I am an offshore consultant for a video game company so I spend a lot of time at my desk.

Components:
    New- old stock Jamo Concert 8 / D830 bookshelf speakers
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840a Dual mono stereo integrated amplifier
    Monster & THX collaborated speaker cables
    Zalman HD135s Full ATX Computer enclosure
    Samsung B2230 TN monitor (got it dirt cheap otherwise would have gotten IPS)
    Soundfoundations.in Custom Stands
    APC 600W UPS

^ this pic got featured on Jamo's facebook homepage

Speaker: Jamo concert 8 / D830

Tweeter T25 Sonotex (inch/mm) 1 / 25 Ferro Fluid cooled
    Seas Excel custom w17e002 Woofer (inch/mm) 6.5 / 165 Solid copper phase plug cooled
    1st order crossover
    Sensitivity (dB - 2,8V / 1m) 90
    Frequency range (Hz) 38 - 22000
    Cross-over frequency (Hz) 2500
    Impedance (Ohm) 4
    Dimensions HxWxD (mm/in) 14.96x9.65x12.20
    Weight (kg) 12.6

Cable / Bogdan Audio Goldy RCA Interconnect

Silver Coated Solid Copper Core x 3 in Hyperlitz Configuration.
    Eichmann Bullet terminations with 24k Direct gold plating on Tellurium copper without nickel plating.
    Very low capacitance

Living room Setup

I grew up listening to this Philips tube amp and sealed 8" full range Philips speakers. They have been in the family for 38 years and we still use it everyday

Here's new and old side by side

Here's the Jamo beside a Wharfedale Denton 80th anniversary edition model

And here's the jamos again at a friends place beside his DIY ATL transmission lines running peerless kevlar and aluminium drivers.

Hope you guys enjoyed the photos!
    Last edited by corelement; 15-10-2012 at 09:10.

I'm Rob.

Nice pics The Jamo's are a bit of a bargain considering the Seas Excel drivers in them!
    Michell Mycro / AT33PTG/II | Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk | Yamaha CD-NT670D | Bryston B60R | ATC SCM10

I'm Rahul.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsontoast View Post
    Nice pics The Jamo's are a bit of a bargain considering the Seas Excel drivers in them!
    I bought the complete pair cheaper at almost the price of 1 pair of t25 tweeters themselves ROFL. It's not just the drivers though, the enclosures are extremely sturdy and built like a tank and finished with high quality veneer! Can't feel any vibration on the body when they're playing at high volume. The front baffle is a mixture of sound absorbing sand, minerals and plastic if I remember correctly.

XD

I'm Mika.

Had those Jamos with original stands as well as their big brothers Concert 11's back in the days. Stunning speakers eventhou balanced little bright but with right system matching the performance to price ratio was very good..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Rahul.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    Had those Jamos with original stands as well as their big brothers Concert 11's back in the days. Stunning speakers eventhou balanced little bright but with right system matching the performance to price ratio was very good..
    Yeah, they're pretty bright without proper matching. I can't imagine the ear fatigue when connected to a bright amp.

Using a generic typical multistrand IC would make you cringe. The bogdan IC brought the brightness under control a lot but one can make out they're crying out for a high quality valve amplifier with a warm signature to compliment them.

I wish circumstances allowed me to get one but I can't right now, not when im moving to NZ next year.

I'm Adrian.

Nice system there , I've only recently got hold of a pair of concert 8s and i love em.
    Running them with a Puresound a30 and very pleased.
    I used to have a 840v1 integrated and regret ever selling it. Cracking amp and if it didnt have Cambridge on it it'd be selling for twice the price!

I'm Jason.

Nice system mate very tidy..

Jason

I'm Rahul.

Wow I didn't realize the concert 8's were that popular. Come across 5 people on this forum who had/have them and 5 on another forum. Thanks for the compliments guys

I'm actually hunting for an electrocompaniet eci 2 integrated amp to drive them. One sold for 600 euros on another forum but haven't had luck finding another.

I'm Mika.

^Good call! Guess what I was using with Jamos until went to tubes..
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

I'm Rahul.

ohhhhhhhhh you didn't! :O!

tell me what it sounded like!!!!!!'

And what tubes did you move onto? how did you find the jamos on the tubes as compared against electrocompaniets? Ever heard of GM70 tubes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast