+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best vintage turntable under €100

I'm Pedro.

Default Best vintage turntable under €100

What is the best turntable you can buy with €100?

I'm ILOB.

If you luck a Lenco 75 or 78 but not easy to find them for that price anymore
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Andrew.

An alphason solo, had one in my main system now for about 4 weeks and it performs extremely well.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Rega 2? Safe as houses, all parts available, easily bodged up if you're that way inclined and, unlike the opinions of some on here, they can sound very involving and, well, musical
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Pedro.

What about japanese DD or even belt-driven? Sansui, Luxman, Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, Akai, Technics, Hitachi, Sanyo, Denon, etc?

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Most of them are boomy feedback prone dynamic wow creators and music is the last thing they properly reproduce! The really good ones are sought after and now pricey, but if you can add a bit more to the budget, you might just be able to get a working Techie 1200mk2 and then have some fun fine tuning it....

Of the other cheap direct drives, I've had recent great experiences with the technics SL1500 (and related 1300/1400/1600/1700/1800 models). With careful siting, cork mat, modern headshell and played sans lid, these can sound really good, as I hope FloydDroid and Alex_UK can testify to
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
    What is the best turntable you can buy with €100?
    look out for a second hand Rega 2 or re-badged versions like the Nad 533, I bought one couple of years back for £40. New prices for entry level TT's seem a bit overpriced to me.

or as John says look out for a Lenco L75, you can still find them under a £100 - prop it up on coke cans and you can easily service the motor bearing yourself.
    Paul.

I'm Julian.

There is a near mint AR EB101 on ebay right now - £135 or make offer - I would have thought that would be difficult to beat for the price ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Richard.

Second the Lenco, but note that v blocks on arm pivot will need replacing if previous owner didn't do it (& if they did, it's probably out of budget...). Easy DIY fix though, about £15 on parts - or drop a Linn fit arm if u have one spare.

I picked up a 75 for ~£20 here in CH recently - will be trying in my main system soon, sounds very good in the workshop!

Richard

I'm Geoff.

A good old Pioneer PL-12D plays music surprisingly well. The arm is more capable than the Lenco item and accepts a wide range of cartridges. The Pioneers are quite easy to find for sale and are very well made, seeming to last forever and new drive belts are easy to obtain. Going price, around £80. Money well spent.

+ Reply to Thread