+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback section for buyers and sellers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Neil,

No worries, dude. I was just pulling your leg

Glad you're happy with the valves. Hope you get your amp sorted soon!

I'd also like to thank Chris for the records he sent me, which arrived just as Barry has described above

I've not listened to them yet but will do today and report in the music room.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Confused.

Default Vinyl Cleaning.

Can I post a very belated "Thanks" to Marco for his cleaning of my 30 year old LPs. I haven't actually played any of them after the cleaning process but that is irrelevant - the offer to do it deserves the thanks. His return postal service was excellent too, but that is between Marco and I ().
    Cheers to Marco,
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm ILOB.

I bought Duncan copper DAC/PRE (tubehunter) a lovelly looking unit
    The item was really well packed and he even put in a spare set of valves
    Thanks Duncan
    Last edited by John; 22-05-2009 at 16:22.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nick.

Another thumbs up to Chris! The package got stuck at the local sorting office, but was picked up yesterday and looks great... looking to forward to giving it a listen tonight! Thanks dude!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Big THANKS to Tubehunter - bits arrived within 24 hours well packed - EXCELLENT !!!!
    DaveK.

My System:
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up Thanks.

I would like to formally express my thanks to The Sand Walking Donkey Dancer ( you know who I mean ) for his generous donation to the Dave&Sue Listening Experience Improvement programme - much appreciated and a nice guy to boot (but not literally !!).
    DaveK.

My System:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Some more thanks to Chris (TGW) for the prompt and businesslike dispatch of the LPs he sold me. To paraphrase positive eBay feedback: 'Buy with confidence' 'Would buy again' .......

Thanks Chris
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    Some more thanks to Chris (TGW) for the prompt and businesslike dispatch of the LPs he sold me. To paraphrase positive eBay feedback: 'Buy with confidence' 'Would buy again' .......

Thanks Chris
    And a big thanks to you, Barry for your patience with my ability to only post at weekends, and for your prompt payments.

All is well!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Thumbs up The Grand Wazoo's Record Sale

Another expression of thanks to Chris (TGW). Again, the discs were promptly dispatched and are now providing great enjoyment.
    Barry

Default Positive for Jason P

Full marks for Jason P as a seller (Tascam DAT). Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 231 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast