+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 202 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback section for buyers and sellers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Arrow Feedback section for buyers and sellers

This area is reserved for members wishing to report excellent service after experiencing transactions of both types, so post here if you would like to thank someone for their help or name and shame a scoundrel who hasn't paid for goods or who was a nightmare to deal with...

The first contribution comes from Alfie, who wrote the following of Kelvin (Bong) regarding the purchase of a Denon AU300LC SUT:

My Denon AU 300LC just arrived.

Just want to say a big Thank-you to Kelvin.

I was looking for a feeback thread but couldn't find one, maybe not looked hard enough.
    (If any admin read this maybe a feedback thread is in order!?).

So i'll leave some feedback here.

Kelvin (Bong) sold me his Denon AU-300LC SUT. He was a very patient, helpful, and pleasant person to deal with. He is based in Singapore so I was a little hesitant about international shipping at first, but Kelvin made this as easy as possible and was great to communicate with through the entire process. We discussed payment and shipping options and he really helped out a noob at international shipping to make sure we were both comfortable with all the terms of the deal.(No inport Tax or Duty )Most of this was done whilst he was away on holiday! Great person, and great AOS member...would most definately do business with him again. Thanks Kelvin!
    To which I replied:

Hi Alfie,

I would concur with your views of Kelvin. Apart from being a valued member of our community he's also a great person to do business with. I sold him some stuff for his 1210 last year and the transaction was conducted very smoothly with Kelvin being most helpful and efficient throughout.

Quote:
    I was looking for a feeback thread but couldn't find one, maybe not looked hard enough.
    (If any admin read this maybe a feedback thread is in order!?).

Great suggestion! I will convert this thread into a sticky for that very purpose

Marco.
    However, I made an arse of moving the posts to a separate thread and ended up deleting the whole thing instead!

Sorry, guys!

Anyway, folks, keep the comments coming!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I travelled up to west yorkshire to buy a couple of amps from Andy831, who was a real gent, and I am more than pleased with the decware pre-power I am now using. - cheers Andy!
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm just glad that my 300LC has gone on to better places. It takes both parties to make a transaction smooth and efficient, and both of you have been great to work with!

Browsing a UK based forum from here in Asia can be quite a pain sometimes, as there are many bits and bots and some bigger stuff offered for sale here that are really tempting. but the thought of the P&P involved getting the gear shipped over here has kept me away from many transaction. and in hindsight, kept me from bankruptcy.
    kelvin.

.my salvation.
    kab technics sl-1200mkII/AT33PTG/achromat . philips dvd963sa (modded analogue stage) as cdp . pioneer tx-410 stereo tuner
    trichord dino phono preamp + dino ncpsu . astintrew at2000+ integrated amp
    alr-jordan note 3

I'm Neil.

Default A pleasure to buy from..

Hi Guys

I just bought a XLO digital cable from Jandl100. What a pleasure quick transaction with goods arriving as described and suitably packaged.

Thank you Jerry.

Regards D S D L---Neil
    Regards Neil

I'm Andy.

Traveled down to Deepest Darkest Dartmonth to pick up the Usher 8571 Be speakers from Dave and Jill. Very pleased with the speakers and both made me feel very wecome. Coffee's good too.

Nice guy to deal with, would recommend him to anyone.

Andy - SDDW
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 19-04-2009 at 22:05.
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Neil.

A couple of items got recently from members of the forum...so I want to thank them.

Mike Homar....Leak Tuner, goods as described and posted quickly and packed well. Thank You very much.

Steve (aquapiranha) sent some tapes to me. Goods as described packed well and arrived quickly. Top bloke thank you.

Shaun (Haselsh1) sent a pair of Rothwell Attenuators which arrived today. Thank you for the quick dispatch.

One thing all three gentlemen share above is a generous spirit. Thank you for being kind and helpful to me in the above.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What about the valves I sent you? I feel deeply hurt that I've been forgotten about and so will need to go for a little lie down

Marco
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

Ah!

On that note... a big (and belated) thanks to Marco for some valves and speaker cables, even though I don't like them very much (the cables that is). Cheers bud!

Another thank you to Chris (TGW) for the Nick Drake LP that arrived today.

Cheers...
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What about the valves I sent you? I feel deeply hurt that I've been forgotten about and so will need to go for a little lie down

Marco
    CRAP I forgot I was distracted by wanting to watch 24 and not miss the start which at 9.06 I had.

Thank you Marco for your great generosity and help with the valves. They arrived as described and packed well and quickly.

Senior moment.....anyway quickly changing the subject what about the story..

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I should like to thank Chris (TGW) for the 6 LPs he sent, arriving today and which I have just finished playing. Sorry if the following sounds a bit like positive eBay feedback, but the item descriptions were accurate, the items were in very good condition with new inner sleeves, had been cleaned and were well packed and promptly dispatched. All that and very resonably priced as well. Will expand my thoughts and impressions in the 'What are you playing now?' thread tomorrow, as it's late and I need to go to bed.

Again many thanks Chris,

Regards

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 202 1231151101 ... LastLast