+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lodgesound's Open Reel VTR

I'm Stewart.

Default Lodgesound's Open Reel VTR

Hi all;

Thanks for the welcome messages - going to get round to posting some pics of some of my machines soon however in the meantime any that are interested may want to take a look at this youtube vid of one of the open reel VTR's I have restored....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5V06FBfduk

Wow! simply brilliant!! I'm about to throw away a hardly used and perfect 20" Sony Profeel, would anyone want it?

Dave

I'm ILOB.

I am interested
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nick.

They're nice monitors John Shame I've got no room or I'd fight you for it Cool offer Dave.

Fantastic looking machine Lodgesound. Looks like the corner of a BBC control room So you restore these machines yourself?
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Stewart.

Hi there;

Thanks for the comments - yes indeed I do restore them myself - I used to work in the BBC long ago as a Recording Operator back in the days when One Inch machines were the main broadcast format - hence the modelling of the rack and monitoring.

I'm Nick.

Which site? My dad worked at the Beeb for 25 years, Pebble Mill, on the pictures side - he's freelance now.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Stewart.

Hi;

I was at Television Centre in White City in the basement - we actally used to do transmissions from tape there.

I'm Stewart.

What did your dad do at Pebble Mill?

I'm ILOB.

Thinking about this I let someone else go for them I am also struggling for space Sorry got carried away
    John
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nick.

His main thing was post-production matte shots on period drama stuff, first analogue, then digital - cutting edge stuff at the time; picture grading, that sort of stuff. But he'd done lighting and electrical stuff in the earlier days.
    Nick
    My system...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast