+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which 5 albums have you played the most?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Defines you a little bit I think.

I mean I know what you are saying, but the question is what you've played the most not your favourite 5.

It's all ridiculous anyway. I like Joni Mitchell and I like Wu Tang Clan and there is a lot of ground in between them.

Plus I have some records which are so sacred I don't like to play them too much. Hendrix for example. Axis Bold As Love - I never want to ruin that record for myself by listening to it too much. You've got to portion out the best stuff sparingly.

As regards Joy Division, 'Unknow Pleasures' is up there with 'Axis: Bold As Love' with records I'd play to aliens to convince them they should not destroy us. If I only got to play one it would be Axis though.
    Yes it can all be taken as some way of defining us but I dont like defining myself too much when it comes to music. I wouldn't want to be defined as mainly into a Manchester scene as it just happens that this seminal music came from artists in my local area

Ive kissed the bricks of Ian's house and I tend the grave site because something so deep and magical happened in those few short years.

I can listen to one of the live albums or even a bootleg and get more out of the experience than the well known studio album.

I wouldnt want to pick five albums and head off to a desert island...that way lies madness no matter how good the albums.

A moment of pure joy listening to Stockhausen or religiously based Choral music almost cant be defined. Im not religious for a start and some of Stockhausens work is more iffy than other stuff

I dont know what I have played the most as I dont keep count. I dont think anybody here can sum up who they really are in five albums so I dont even try. Big world out there and some great music. I cant keep up with it all and Ive yet to play many of the cds Ive gathered in.

Ive been a bit naughty by defining some of you as "mainstream" and a bit "Dire Straits" in your choices...when is Hotel California coming up Thats me being naughty because in a way people are over defining themselves.

To me music listening is more of a John Peels office scenario with huge boxes of unheard tapes. Its not an easy or neat way of listing my five most played albums....not alf pop pickers

Best wishes to everyone on the forum
    Martin
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 31-05-2018 at 17:35.

+ Reply to Thread