+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: CD albums that are truly 10/10

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Lambchop - Is a Woman
    Hi Brian,

Bought this album on your recommendation and agree it is great album... The lead singer has a hint of David Bowie in his voice... very good, thank you

P.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Chris Isaak - Baja Sessions
    Another recommendation and purchase.. I like this album, it does impressive things on my system thanks for the recommendation Roy.

P.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily
    Hi Tim,

Bought this album based on your recommendation and like her other album, Tigerlily is also very good, not sure i like it quite as much as Ophelia at the moment but I'll give it a few more listens

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    Tigerlily is also very good, not sure i like it quite as much as Ophelia . . .
    They are different albums, but each has its own qualities - which one I favour tends to match the mood I am in. Late night burner is Ophelia, middle of the day music would be Tiger Lily.

Not sure if you have Spotify, but this I think is a very fine album. Superbly recorded by Charlie Peacock (The Civil Wars) with some of the most emotive lyrics I have heard for awhile, especially the song Gone Away From Me.
    Its currently my top album of the year and most definitely a 10/10 for me. I have played this more than any other record this year - Holly is Hank Williams granddaughter. I may not be everyone's cup of tea as its quite raw and bare in places, but the song-writing and musical composition is some if the finest I have heard for sometime.

Holly Williams - The Highway

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Tom.

Well chaps, some of your 10/10 CDs I bought recently and to be honest only a few have been my cup of tea so to speak, so they are up for grabs in themusic for sale section - so I can buy some more!

I'm Andy.

Kate Bush- Aerial amazing musical performance and heartfelt lyrics, sung so well
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Kate Bush- Aerial amazing musical performance and heartfelt lyrics, sung so well
    I like it a lot, but many people seem to hate it!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Yes l cannot work that one out, some of the most personal lyrics/singing l have heard, still music is subjective.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Ben.

I've only heard one track off this CD, on R3 this week, during a terrific downpour on the M4 somewhere near Newport. The overture to the 1812, rearranged with a choir. How it goes! I actually wooped...
    Link to it here http://www.emiclassics.com/release/3...-and-fantasies

And a review I agree with on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1

Produced after the age of vinyl so I might have to buy another CD

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Can't stand it personally, utterly tedious. Does Aerial refer to the washing powder? "Washing machine, washing machine"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast