+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: CD albums that are truly 10/10

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sonority View Post

NOTE - this is not just the 'standard' cd (which is actually really rather good)
    but the LTD edition with DVD.
    It's not the thread topic, but this album on double vinyl is fantastically well mastered.

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Clearly apparent what the definition of a superb recording is amongs AOS posters. Total & utter shyte taste in music speaks volumes as it is..

muppets
    Had it occurred to you that there would be many people who'd consider your taste in music rather limited and predicable. Not to mention utter SHITE (correct spelling)? As someone once said 'Free your mind and your arse will follow'

I'm Adam.

Just found this thread; totally have to chip in! There's nothing worse than loving an album for it's music but hating it for it's crap mastering/production. Good sounding CDs should be praised! So, my picks:

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel... (Any of her albums to be honest but the new one is a cracker)
    Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker
    Wild Beasts - Smother

MartinT Guest

I've also thought of:

- Roxy Music - Avalon
    - Zero 7 - When It Falls
    - Air - Moon Safari

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    Had it occurred to you that there would be many people who'd consider your taste in music rather limited and predicable. Not to mention utter SHITE (correct spelling)? As someone once said 'Free your mind and your arse will follow'
    But theres also too many people that have a narrow minded view on Prog/Psych & truly believe it's limited in which case you are then so amazingly wrong

I'm Tom.

But theres also too many people that have a narrow minded view on Prog/Psych & truly believe it's limited in which case you are then so amazingly wrong
    You tell 'em Andre

I have a few prog/psych CDs in my collection now mainly thanks to Snapper sending some sample copies down for me, some of which I have bought the original albums.

My problem is browsing around a good music source to find these hidden gems and I hanker for the days back when record shops had a booth with a pair of headphones to hear a selection

Yes I know there is sites like Spotify but being a tad on the poor side at the moment and a tight fisted bastid I can't justify the outlay.

I'm Neil.

Massive Attack - Mezzanine
    Depeche Mode - Ultra
    Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
    Joni Mitchell - Blue (great test album to shred all but the finest systems)
    Jeff Buckley - So Real: Songs from Jeff Buckley (compilation)
    Nas - Illmatic (a debut album he never got near to)
    Neil Young - Harvest
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    You tell 'em Andre

I have a few prog/psych CDs in my collection now mainly thanks to Snapper sending some sample copies down for me, some of which I have bought the original albums.

My problem is browsing around a good music source to find these hidden gems and I hanker for the days back when record shops had a booth with a pair of headphones to hear a selection
    You'll not find them in music stores on CD. Pretty much everything ive bought on CD has been through mail order via Germany or the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post

King Crimson all titles in recent 2 disc reissue series. The DVDA discs are even better.
    Um the 'Lizard' one is very good but i prefer the Japanese Pony Canyon edition of 'ITCOTCK' from 1999

However i seems to me that a lot of audio fans tend to let sound quality govern what they listern to which is totally redicularse.
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 15-09-2012 at 14:51.

MartinT Guest

However i seems to me that a lot of audio fans tend to let sound quality govern what they listern to which is totally redicularse.
    Not me, Andr'e. I listen to (in my opinion) good music, regardless of quality. Some of the recordings I have are atrocious (e.g. Hawkwind's Space Ritual) but it never stops me listening if I like the songs.

I'm Nobody.

You'll be suprised how many do tho Martin, i have at lease three (Ex -Friends) that do..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast