+ Reply to Thread
Page 289 of 299 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 2990

Thread: Late Saturday and time for a beer!

I'm Sean.

I think I'm an alcoholic, I'm sat with a glass of Baileys watching The Crown!

Suffering from a heavy cold - no great shakes I just don't feel like going to the shops - after finishing our last bottle of wine the only alcohol I could find was the Christmas Baileys. My wife, also under the weather, decides to start watching the Crown. Personally I would like to abolish the royals but have to admit the Queen is a pretty impressive woman. To my surprise the series seems pretty well done if you like that sort of thing - although I may be a little delirious.

Is there any hope for me? In my defence my medicine did start with a bottle of Pedigree. Have you ever hit the low point of scouring the kitchen cabinets for long forgotten booze? Not all of us can stretch to a wine cellar!

cheers

I'm Martin.

I always have at least half a bottle of brandy stashed away for similar emergencies and for medicinal purposes.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Think I did that once. Done it with fag dowts often when younger and skint.
    Have to say I'm glad I ditched them.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I always have at least half a bottle of brandy stashed away for similar emergencies and for medicinal purposes.
    Google Shopping List add bottle of brandy!

I'm Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Think I did that once. Done it with fag dowts often when younger and skint.
    Have to say I'm glad I ditched them.
    fags were the worst, gave up 20 years ago but had to have some in the house when quitting or the thought of not having any in the house would drive me mad.

I'm Grant.

I stopped 10 years or so ago I guess. Been off booze for.. I forget... God I need a drink lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Sean.

I have pre-teen children and a hot topic of us parents is the unhealthy lifestyle of our children hooked on their games consoles. I do have sympathy with this view but at the same age was smoking, lighting endless fires and playing on building sites so have mixed emotions. If I'm honest I wouldn't want them following in my my footsteps, I started smoking in primary school and am pleased they do not smoke. I started at the age my youngest is now and still think of her as a baby so would be shocked to learn she smoked. How things change! On the other hand they are not at all street smart which will be a worry as they get older.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    I have pre-teen children and a hot topic of us parents is the unhealthy lifestyle of our children hooked on their games consoles. I do have sympathy with this view but at the same age was smoking, lighting endless fires and playing on building sites so have mixed emotions. If I'm honest I wouldn't want them following in my my footsteps, I started smoking in primary school and am pleased they do not smoke. I started at the age my youngest is now and still think of her as a baby so would be shocked to learn she smoked. How things change! On the other hand they are not at all street smart which will be a worry as they get older.
    Yes it's difficult now getting the balance right.
    Guess life was less complicated when I was young. If you had a decent sized bike you were top dog
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yes it's difficult now getting the balance right.
    Guess life was less complicated when I was young. If you had a decent sized bike you were top dog
    The fastest runner got a lot of respect too. Or if you were good at football. Or a good bowler. Being a good batsman was never rated, the bowler would always get the blame if you knocked him about.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Sean.

yes actually being good at something rather than boasting you were good at something gained you respect. Good climbers were respected also, I was chuffed that if we were down to our last match and we wanted a fire it was given to me. Little things!

+ Reply to Thread