+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 299 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 2990

Thread: Late Saturday and time for a beer!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Thought I'd revive this thread.

I know it's Sunday, but I've had a niggling feeling all day that I could use a beer or two tonight. It's been a while since I partook and I fancy it! I'll need to pop up the road to get some though. Cheers!
    I wasn't going to but you've talked me into it. Going to have a Guinness and watch 'Magnum P.I'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I wasn't going to but you've talked me into it. Going to have a Guinness and watch 'Magnum P.I'
    I seem to have started watching 'Pale Rider'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'd rather be drinking Pale Ale.
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Love that film. The one where he gets them to paint the town red and rides off into the sunset as the baddy gang arrives?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Love that film. The one where he gets them to paint the town red and rides off into the sunset as the baddy gang arrives?
    That's 'High Plains Drifter'.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

That's 'High Plains Drifter'.
    Ah right, does he keep having flashbacks of getting whipped to death by the baddies while the townsfolk look on in this one? That's quite a dark one. Or am I still thinking of the wrong film?!

I'm sorted.

Just indoors (back from my support bubble) and having a drop of Spanish brandy as a nightcap whilst watching 'Bangers and Cash'.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Ah right, does he keep having flashbacks of getting whipped to death by the baddies while the townsfolk look on in this one? That's quite a dark one. Or am I still thinking of the wrong film?!
    there's a number of similarities between the two films, both have a flashback whipping scene.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    there's a number of similarities between the two films, both have a flashback whipping scene.
    So it's either the same character (is he still the man with no name, or is that the Good/bad/ugly trilogy) or the director had some sort of obsession with whipping.

I'm Grant.

Cant remember the whipping in Pale Rider(but might be), which was 12 yrs on from High Plains Drifter which of course kept returning to it as he was lashed to death in the town yrs before. we dont know how he returned to life, or if he did.. Eastwood directed both; think High Plains was his first direction i think... Bruce Surtees did the filming in both as well. Both have the man with no name; one a preacher, the other an ex sherrif.. both are avenging angels of a sort.
    easy to mix them up
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread