+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My open baffles are finished

I'm Clive.

Try the xover at around 90hz or up to about 110hz, probably using a fairly steep slope too. 150hz IME is too high, fun but high!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm ron.

Default eq

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Try the xover at around 90hz or up to about 110hz, probably using a fairly steep slope too. 150hz IME is too high, fun but high!
    thanks Clive

I'm ron.

Default eq

hi Clive,
    Are you running the berhinger DEQ as well?
    I really have no clue what im doing and had a freind over who knows more than be but even this was a bit hit and miss with out a mic although he did get the bass drivers to stop doing the mid stuff. had no omni directional mic either so all by ear and to be honest it sounds bloody good but room vibs and the likes playing there part also.
    I have no electronic experiance and am not very computor literate so this is frustrating to say the least. I cannot follow the intruction manuals either as i have no knowledge of what the hell they are on about.
    Anyway is there an easy way to do this or is it a complicated process. there is a you tube instruction but for setting bass on a small speaker. Any help would be appreciated if you can.
    Cheers
    Ron

I'm Clive.

Hi Ron,

I used to run a DEQ. The controls and display do take some fathoming out. I can't remember much of it but in your situation I set it up to use the same settings for L & R, there's a away to preset this so you don't need to set everything twice.

Are you simply trying to set the xover freq and slope for now? Room modes gets a whole lot more complex and really needs a mic and measurement software.

There's bound to be a youtube tutorial somewhere.....I'll try to remember some of the details but I've used my XTZs for more than a couple of years now so my brain has forgotten the DEQ details....

What are the dimensions of your room?
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side

I'm Clive.

Oh yes, one more thing to add to further complicate your setup. I use a 6db boost at 25, 31.5, 40, 50 and 63. This is needed to get a flat bass response.

I'm ron.

Hi Ron,

I used to run a DEQ. The controls and display do take some fathoming out. I can't remember much of it but in your situation I set it up to use the same settings for L & R, there's a away to preset this so you don't need to set everything twice.

Are you simply trying to set the xover freq and slope for now? Room modes gets a whole lot more complex and really needs a mic and measurement software.

There's bound to be a youtube tutorial somewhere.....I'll try to remember some of the details but I've used my XTZs for more than a couple of years now so my brain has forgotten the DEQ details....

What are the dimensions of your room?
    Would an XTZ be a better way of going and would 1 run the 2 drivers?

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by falcoron View Post
    Would an XTZ be a better way of going and would 1 run the 2 drivers?
    Just different, not better. I find them easier to setup but you need two Sub Amp DSPs and their Room Analyzer. Vic uses a Behringer digital amp with dsp, it's all in one box and is intuitive to setup. You'll need a room analyzer unless you have a well behaved room. Vic modded his amp as the fans were too noisy. I think it's an iNUKE NU1000DSP.

There's also the more expensive auto setup modules that Antimode make, I've not tried these but they should be easiest of all though maybe the most expensive too. http://www.bkelec.com/hifi/Sub_Woofers/anti-mode.htm

I'm ron.

Default ob

Oh yes, one more thing to add to further complicate your setup. I use a 6db boost at 25, 31.5, 40, 50 and 63. This is needed to get a flat bass response.
    wish i knew what that all means and how to do it

I'm ILOB.

The INuke is quite intuitive Vic uses NU6000DSP I use the NU3000DSP my drivers are harder to drive than the Neos but you need to speak to Vic about the mod he does to prevent fan noise with either version
    This might help with the 2496 http://www.decdun.me.uk/deq2496.html
    As Clive has said probarly some good tutorials on youtube too
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ron.

thanks john, a very good step by step i will have a good go at that and see what i get

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123