+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My open baffles are finished

I'm ron.

Default ob

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggie View Post
    These look rather lovely. I can't help but wonder how my Tannoy 15" Monitor Gold drive units would fare in a similar open baffle configuration?
    Not sure thet do well in OB but i could be wrong, easy to try as all you need is a bit of MDF and router a hole for the drivers and see what you think, That is waht i did until i got the right sound then did the baffles in nice wood cost under £20 to find out.

I'm ron.

Default ob

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Lots of amps you can use I think any clean sounding 100 to 200 watt amp will do
    Nice work sure they sound great
    What you using John? i find the pro amps very noisey both in the room and through the drivers. Im getting lovely deep bass and ive only got the EQ set up fairly crude and done without a mic.
    I havent a clue how to do it so would need someone who has the knowledge of setting up. got a freind to do a low pass set up and its way better than mine as the bass is only doing bass the mids and treble doing what they do best. But again only set up by ear not a mic. Anyone near me want some nice tea or coffee and bikkies to come and see what its like with a mic???

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by falcoron View Post
    Thanks guys very kind,
    If you wanna hear them give me a shout mate!
    Yes I would - thank you - give me a pm and we can arrange something.
    Regards Neil

I'm ILOB.

Shuggie Most speakers will not work well in Open baffle configeration The driver need a high QT to get the best out of it in a open baffle sitiuation
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ILOB.

Hi Ron
    Most people use plate amps Look at some of the BK range you can use one to go mono or two in stereo
    I use a Behringer a much miligned amp and not heard at it best I have put a small resitor to cut down the fan I now get no fan noise the amp has a overheat shutdown circuit and I have never had any issues with the amp.
    Because you got the Behringer crossover there is no need to go down the above route basically your right something like a powerful Rotel power amp would be ideal. The Neo's have a lot of upper bass detail and be pushed up quite high making them the ideal match for the Bastanis You could even go for old classic amp if they have pre in and out and just bi-pass the pre section With the look of the speakers I think that could work well
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm ron.

Default ob

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hi Ron
    Most people use plate amps Look at some of the BK range you can use one to go mono or two in stereo
    I use a Behringer a much miligned amp and not heard at it best I have put a small resitor to cut down the fan I now get no fan noise the amp has a overheat shutdown circuit and I have never had any issues with the amp.
    Because you got the Behringer crossover there is no need to go down the above route basically your right something like a powerful Rotel power amp would be ideal. The Neo's have a lot of upper bass detail and be pushed up quite high making them the ideal match for the Bastanis You could even go for old classic amp if they have pre in and out and just bi-pass the pre section With the look of the speakers I think that could work well
    Thanks John,
    As i say im playing ( blindly) with the EQ and i am getting a very good sound but im sure if these were set up correctly using an omni mic they would be much better. I have the Crossover set at about 200hz down for the neos would that be about right?
    Thanks

I'm ILOB.

Usually about 150 to 180 I think but trust your ears those bastanis cut out quite early

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Well done, those OB's. Wish I could hear them.

I also agree that Vic is a top gent. That certainly mirrors my experience.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I run my OB's actively and get good results with Bantam Gold chip amps. What's the sensitivity of the drivers?

I'm ILOB.

105db so the Bastanis need only a small amp to power them not sure of the Neos sensitivity

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast