+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: What is the art of sound?

I'm John.

This has been one of the most interesting things I read for a long while. For me I think I fall in to all four camps . Probably 2&4 mostly. I m a keen guitarist and in pursuit of tone for a long while. I ve owned many different guitars each with their own particular voice. To my wife she can barley hear the difference between them but to me it's obvious . If the artist has struggled as much as I have with selecting the right instrument and amp settings to get the tone they want then I don't want my hi fi system to change the tone of it. You wouldn't go to see the mona lisa and view her through orange tinted sunglasses.
    The other thing I want from my system is to convey the music but not get in the way of it. I suppose my plan is to build a system that shows off how good my music is not to play music to show off how good my system is .

I'm Anto.

Cracking post that Ian

I am minded to mention the documentary on TV a while ago , that illustrated just how music can lift people in old folks homes , out of a state of total lack of interest into singing for their supper!!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Cracking post that Ian

I am minded to mention the documentary on TV a while ago , that illustrated just how music can lift people in old folks homes , out of a state of total lack of interest into singing for their supper!!
    You're surely not saying that they didn't get fed if they didn't sing are you? These budget cuts are rediculous!

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Cracking post that Ian

1+ @ Ian, John

re documentary
    I saw it too and it was really touching. The good news is that dementia does not affect the part of the brain which connects us to music ;-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zo_JQZo3Y0p
    Last edited by r100; 16-11-2015 at 08:30.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021