+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 212

Thread: DAC Tour

  1. #141
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: sweden

    Posts: 9
    I'm roger.

    Default

    Yes ofcourse. Sry guys!

  2. #142
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: Chesterfield

    Posts: 139
    I'm Robert.

    Default

    I'm in two minds whether I should put this in here or dig out the linux thread. On some other forums people have linked to an unofficial linux driver, which after some fiddling I now have working on Ubuntu.

    This should also work for hiface 1 and young dac.

    https://github.com/panicking/snd-usb-asyncaudio
    Rob

  3. #143
    Join Date: Apr 2009

    Location: Ireland

    Posts: 201
    I'm John.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I'm in two minds whether I should put this in here or dig out the linux thread. On some other forums people have linked to an unofficial linux driver, which after some fiddling I now have working on Ubuntu.

    This should also work for hiface 1 and young dac.

    https://github.com/panicking/snd-usb-asyncaudio
    Thanks, Rob,
    I knew about this initiative & haven't had a chance yet to try it. I was also aware that it was in early beta release so I thought I would hear reports from people about it's operation - you are the first

    You have a stock Hiface working on Ubuntu then? Any issues? Any report on sound Vs PC operation?
    Silence just got quieter

    MOT: Isolated Power devices www.ciunas.biz
    John

  4. #144
    Join Date: May 2009

    Location: Chesterfield

    Posts: 139
    I'm Robert.

    Default

    I'm using a DAC32, I was just pointing out it should work for most other m2tech usb convertors.

    There are a couple of quirks, but mainly due to linux rather than driver problems, like having to start them everytime after reboot.

    Sound quality sounds promising but I'm not jumping to any conclusions just yet.
    Rob

  5. #145
    Join Date: Apr 2009

    Location: Ireland

    Posts: 201
    I'm John.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I'm using a DAC32, I was just pointing out it should work for most other m2tech usb convertors.
    Cool !

    There are a couple of quirks, but mainly due to linux rather than driver problems, like having to start them everytime after reboot.

    Sound quality sounds promising but I'm not jumping to any conclusions just yet.
    Interesting
    Silence just got quieter

    MOT: Isolated Power devices www.ciunas.biz
    John

  6. #146
    Join Date: Apr 2009

    Location: Ireland

    Posts: 201
    I'm John.

    Default

    Anyway, now that Ali has posted the DACs, the AOS tour is over - no more members interested!
    Silence just got quieter

    MOT: Isolated Power devices www.ciunas.biz
    John

  7. #147
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: glasgow

    Posts: 2,301
    I'm tony.

    Default

    John,
    I would be very interested. I currently run a MF m1/Vlink mk1 combo. I split my listening between cans and speakers. My pre/head amp is the MF hfa in conjunction with HD 650s. My speaker system is two valve mono blocks in conjunction with quad 63s. I dont have any fancy digital files, just my lossless cd collection via i tunes and spotify premium.
    John , if you think your dacs will give my current set up an upgrade I would be delighted to give them a go.......if it suits you ,let me know how to go about it.
    Regards Tony

  8. #148
    Join Date: Apr 2009

    Location: Ireland

    Posts: 201
    I'm John.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    John,
    I would be very interested. I currently run a MF m1/Vlink mk1 combo. I split my listening between cans and speakers. My pre/head amp is the MF hfa in conjunction with HD 650s. My speaker system is two valve mono blocks in conjunction with quad 63s. I dont have any fancy digital files, just my lossless cd collection via i tunes and spotify premium.
    John , if you think your dacs will give my current set up an upgrade I would be delighted to give them a go.......if it suits you ,let me know how to go about it.
    Regards Tony
    Ok, Tony, PM me your name & address.
    This isn't directed at anyone in particular but can I reiterate some things I already posted, I think:
    - Can auditioners use the playback software Jplaymini if using a PC. The program is contained in the demo download from here jplay.eu/download
    - Please move this on in a week which is plenty of time to get to know the sound of it. It's not fair to others to hold it for longer. If you are not able to audition it in this time period then please don't take it.
    - Can you send it onwards by registered post & post a tracking number when done!
    Silence just got quieter

    MOT: Isolated Power devices www.ciunas.biz
    John

  9. #149
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: glasgow

    Posts: 2,301
    I'm tony.

    Default

    john,
    i just use a lap top with i tunes...i dont want to bugger about with software, just enjoy using spotify premium....without software alterations do yo feel it aint worth the effort....

  10. #150
    Join Date: Apr 2009

    Location: Ireland

    Posts: 201
    I'm John.

    Default

    Tony,
    I'm sure my DACs would give your system an upgrade but they are designed to deliver top quality sound. I have recommended Jplay as a first step towards this goal & to make at least one variable common across all auditions. It takes 5 mins to download & install. Note that it won't play MP3 files as it also is designed for best sound.

    It doesn't make sense to audition the DACs otherwise - you are not hearing them as intended!.
    Silence just got quieter

    MOT: Isolated Power devices www.ciunas.biz
    John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •